Avocado & Blue Cheese Watercress Salad with Homemade Grapefruit Vinaigrette Dressing
Servings 2 people
- 1 small bunch watercress
- 6 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 large avocado seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 15 oz. can grapefruit segments juices reserved
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
Homemade Grapefruit Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 Tbsp grapefruit juice from the can or 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 drops Grapefruit Vitality essential oil to taste (where to buy)
- Pinch of salt and pepper each
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the watercress and baby spinach. Add the diced avocado, sliced red onion and grapefruit segments. Toss in the blue cheese crumbles.
In a resealable glass container, add the grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey and 1 or 2 drops Grapefruit essential oil, to taste. Add a pinch of salt and pepper each. Shake vigorously.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss lightly.
Serve Watercress Salad with Avocado, Blue Cheese and Homemade Grapefruit Vinaigrette Dressing.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 774kcal