Spiced Holiday Wassail
This festive Wassail Recipe made with essential oils is perfect for holiday entertaining.
- 4 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 5 drops Orange Vitality essential oil or Tangerine
- 5 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 3 drops Ginger Vitality essential oil
- 3 drops Clove Vitality essential oil
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 8 cinnamon sticks for garnish optional
Combine fruit juices in a large pot. Let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes to one hour.
Remove from heat. Add essential oils. Garnish with sliced oranges and lemons. Serve warm in a mug or double-walled cup.
- The base of this recipe is apple juice, but you can substitute cider or any type of juice. I like adding pure cranberry juice to give it a deep, red color.
- Pineapple juice is optional, but it helps cut the bitterness of the cranberry. You can substitute orange juice if you prefer.
- You can keep a big batch of wassail warm in a slow cooker or an instant pot.
- If you want to make this drink alcoholic, you can add brandy, bourbon, rum, or your favorite alcohol. Add about 1 ½ ounce per drink. I like it best with bourbon.