If you have carpet in your home, then you know the pain and the joy of keeping it clean and fresh. We have a dog and six kids so this is a must for us. In addition to the fabulous fabric refresher , we use a simple routine to gently refresh and deodorize our carpet with simple and natural ingredients. Our Carpet Cleaner and Deodorizer that neutralizes and eliminates odor, clears the air of impurities, and freshens every room in your home
This natural carpet cleaner and deodorizer recipe is designed to:
- neutralize and eliminate odors
- clear the air of impurities
- freshen a room
This recipe is quick and easy and you’ll probably have these ingredients in your pantry right now. It leaves a light, fresh scent and helps neutralize any normal household carpet odors.
As with any cleaner or fabric treatment, please spot check this recipe on an unseen corner of the carpet to make sure that the color will not be affected. If this spot check is clear, then proceed with the full treatment of the entire room.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well. 
Natural Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 15 drops Purification essential oil
- 6-8 oz. glass shaker bottle 
- Mix the ingredients and store them in a glass and stainless steel shaker. Try this shaker  if you don’t already have one.
- To use, sprinkle over your carpet and let it set for about 5 minutes.
- Vacuum as normal.
- Store in a safe place away from children. If you store it open in your linen closet, it will keep the air fresh and deodorized. No stagnant, stale closet smell!
For strong odors or heavy pet areas, we add another step that integrates a simple spray cleaner recipe. We combine the Deodorizing Carpet Powder and with a DIY household liquid spray cleaner  for powerful, natural results. The combination of the two is perfect for when you need a little boost in your cleaning.
- To use with the Deodorizing Carpet Powder, sprinkle the carpet with powder. Allow powder to sit on carpet about 5 minutes.
- On the areas that need extra attention, lightly spray with the All-Purpose Non-Toxic Cleaning Spray . The mixture will bubble a little.
- After about 30 seconds, dab up the damp mixture and vacuum up the remains.
This spray recipe is a great all-purpose household cleaner all by itself. And, yes, we promise that the vinegar smell goes away very quickly.
Find more Household Cleaning Recipes in our Make & Take Party Pack that features the following essential oil recipes:
- Bathroom Air Spray
- Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer
- Daily Shower Cleaner
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Kitchen Degreaser & Oven Cleaner
- Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Tile Floor Cleaner
- Window & Mirror Cleaner