All of us have homes that sometimes stink. Whether it’s from being closed up all season to keep the heat/cold out, from teenage boys, a dinner gone wrong, the collection of shoes by the front door, or even from our beloved pets. It happens and it’s ok. Because we can fix it easily! This DIY Fabric Refresher will freshen the air of your home as well as completely eliminate odors without the use of toxins or chemicals.
And, by fix it, I actually mean fix it. Not just cover it up with a chemically laden stench that is supposed to replace the already-there stench. This DIY Fabric Refresher will freshen the air of your home as well as completely eliminate odors without the use of toxins or chemicals.
How? By using Young Living’s Purification® Essential Oil Blend! Before I started using oils, I’d heard of this blend that people swear by and thought it can’t be that awesome. But now that I’ve tried it, I always have a supply of it in my essential oils storage box! It REALLY is that amazing.
Purification essential oil helps freshen the air and eliminate odors with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils.
I use this spray in the following ways:
- in my stinky pre-teen son’s tennis shoes
- on my dog’s blanket and bed
- on our curtains/drapes when we do fall or spring cleaning
- in our car (which we basically live in during soccer season)
- on our big living room rugs that can’t be easily laundered
- on our couches (this is big because think about all the sweaty parts that end up on a couch!)
- to freshen the air of our home when we have unexpected guests coming
It’s so convenient and just takes a spray here and there to get your home smelling fresh and odor-free! I store mine in 2 oz. dark glass spray bottles and have a couple around the house for easy access. You can get a set of 12 for about 60¢ each, which would give you enough for your house, car, purse, gym bag, diaper bag, etc.!New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Fabric Refresher
- 2 oz. distilled water
- 5-10 drops Purification essential oil
- 2 oz. dark glass fine mist spray bottle
- Pour distilled water into a dark glass spray bottle.
- Add Purification essential oil.
- Tighten lid and shake gently to mix.
- Spray on cloth furniture (*see note below), clothes, shoes, drapes, and more to eliminate odors and freshen the air of your home!
*NOTE: always test on a corner of fabrics before spraying the entire surface. I’ve never had an issue with discoloration or staining, but testing is always wise.
You might also enjoy: