Making your own all-natural cleaning spray is not as challenging as you think. And it’s not just for ‘crunchy granola’ people either. My guess is that you have all that you need right in your home.
Vinegar has a putrid smell…even when diluted 1 to 1, as in this recipe for DIY cleaning spray. But the vinegar smell is no match for the powerful citrus punch that Citrus Fresh essential oil adds to the bottle. I usually add about 10 to 15 drops of Citrus Fresh essential oil when I’m making up a batch with 1 cup of water-vinegar solution, but you can always do it ‘to smell.’
All-Purpose Simple Cleaning Spray is perfect for:
- wiping off kitchen counters
- quick cleaning in the bathroom
- cleaning mirrors (use a lint-free cloth like these)
- everyday cleaning of small kitchen appliances
And now for the recipe for my favorite cleaning spray for my kitchen and home!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Cleaning Spray
Yield – 16 oz. glass
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- Dark glass spray bottle
- 1 part distilled white vinegar
- 1 part water
- 10 to 15 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil per cup of cleaning spray
- Carefully add the vinegar and water to the spray bottle. Drop 10 to 15 drops of essential oils for each cup of cleaning solution.
- Alternative essential oils to use in your cleaner: Tea Tree essential oil, Purification essential oil, Pine essential oil, or one of the three varieties of Eucalyptus essential oil. Or for EXTRA oomph, use Thieves essential oil!
NOTE: Vinegar should not be used on granite counter tops. You might prefer the modification on our Kitchen Cleaning Wipes recipe found here.
P.S. My 2 1/2 year old is in the ‘I wanna help clean with you mama’ phase and I’d much rather him clean with this all-natural spray than a spray bottle loaded with chemicals. I just kept reminding him to be careful with the glass bottle. He did a fantastic job cleaning the counters and our dinner table.
More essential oil household cleaning recipes you might enjoy:
Please sign up for our weekly email newsletter where we share new recipes and ways to use essential oils in and around your home.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.