My sensitive skin is tough to manage. Of course, I wash my face daily and moisturize, but there was always one area where I just didn’t do my face any favors. For years I neglected the important task of cleaning my makeup brushes. And that’s just gross and not doing my skin any favors. Adding this Makeup Brush Cleaner to my beauty routine keeps my brushes fresh and clean without harsh chemicals.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This recipe is marvelous for all types of brushes
- This recipe calls for very few ingredients
- It removes makeup residue without harsh chemicals
- Natural ingredients rinse clean
- Essential oils help wash off deep down dirt and residue
How to clean makeup brushes and other tips for a carefree beauty routine:
- Use quality brushes that will wear well after years of makeup application and weekly washing. We love this brand which has a great history in making art brushes, also!
- Use quality makeup that is high in pigmentation so you only have to use a little to achieve the desired results. This is the mineral makeup that we’ve been using for about 4 years. We absolutely love it! If you sign up for their newsletter they send out the most amazing coupons and special offers.
- I clean my brushes on the same day every week so I don’t forget. Sundays are my day for a fresh start to the week.
- Wash your scrubbing washcloths on the same weekday as your brushes so it’s all part of your routine.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Makeup Brush Cleaner
- 1 teaspoon unscented organic Castile liquid soap
- 2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
- Rinse the bristles under warm running water.
- Place the Castile soap and essential oils in the palm of your hand.
- Gently swirl the bristles of the brush in your palm. Use your fingers to gently rub the makeup residue off of the brushes.
- Rinse under running water.
- Gently reshape the bristles pack them back into place and allow to dry on a clean, dry cloth overnight.
- Use once a week to keep your brushes clean.
Want to really get your makeup brushes clean? Try a set of these Makeup Brush Cleaning Mats to thoroughly get your brushes clean in combination with our cleaner recipe above, of course.
You might also enjoy these essential oil beauty recipes:
- Body Wash Recipes
- Foaming Face Wash
- Lavender Cuticle Oil
- Natural Facial Toner
- Overnight Facial Moisturizer
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.