I’m not sure this recipe needs much explanation. If you’ve never heard of it…a poo spray is a spray that you add to the toilet water BEFORE you do your business. It creates a ‘seal’ or barrier, so to speak, on the water and holds the poo-smell in the water and keeps it from stinking up the bathroom. Genius! Make this Homemade Bathroom Poo Spray and say goodbye to lingering bathroom stink forever.
I live in a house with 5 other men/boys. And a boy dog.
It stinks around here…a lot.
Especially in the bathrooms.
That is until…I discovered this Poo-pouri Spray!
Don’t believe me? It WORKS. This mom to 4 boys says it works, it works!
Using my friend Jennifer’s recipe as inspiration, I’ve made a similar version for my boys and their bathroom stink, using oils that I had on hand. (Now, to train them to use it before they go!)
I’ve shared a few oily combinations that you can try, depending on what oils you have on hand and what smells your prefer to take care of the stink!
Now get a set of little spray bottles ordered and mix up this magic that will keep your bathrooms smelling fresh and clean. Be sure to make enough to stash one on the back of every toilet in your house!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Homemade Bathroom Poo Spray
- 3 1/2 oz. distilled water
- 1 tsp vegetable glycerine
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 4 oz. spray bottle (we recommend using this dark spray bottle for storing your homemade oily poo spray!)
- Alternative Oil Drop Combination #1: 25 drops Eucalyptus essential oil & 25 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Alternative Oil Drop Combination #2: 25 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil & 25 drops Geranium essential oil
- Combine all ingredients and pour into spray bottle.
- Shake well before spraying.
- Add 4 sprays to the toilet bowl water BEFORE doing your business.
- Enjoy a stink-free experience in the bathroom.
See more essential oil household cleaning recipes:
- All-Natural Cleaning Spray
- Carpet Cleaner & Deodorizer
- How to Clean Musty Laundry
- Bathroom Tile Cleaner
- Natural Oven Cleaner
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.