Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it can be served at any time of the day. No one wants meatloaf at the crack of dawn. But, I love that breakfast is the universal meal of your day. So grab a spoon, knife, and fork and prepare for a tasty favorite of delicious French Toast with Apple Cranberry Sauce.
Fun Food Facts:
- French toast is also known as eggy bread.
- Apples are a part of the rose family in the deciduous tree world.
- Cranberries are a group of evergreen dwarf shrubs.
Combining these delicious elements into one meal is one of the best ideas ever! Which food enhances which? It’s more of a question of – “How fast can I work my way to the kitchen to get more?!”
Adding the joy of essential oils to the mix takes the flavor of this classic breakfast to a whole new level. Enjoy the rustic flavorings that an apple cranberry sauce can bring to your plain grille’ de’ Francais (not an exact translation).
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup juice (I used grape, but you could also use apple or orange
- 1 cup berry preserves
- 1 large chopped Granny Smith apple
- 4 drops Orange Vitality essential oil (divided)
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop Nutmeg Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Ginger Vitality essential oil
- 8 big slices of bread or 12 regular slices
- In a small stainless steel saucepan, combine the cranberries, juice, preserves, and apples. Cook over low heat until the mixture comes to a low simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 drops orange essential oil and 1 drop cinnamon bark essential oil. Set aside.
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, combine the eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, nutmeg essential oil, clove essential oil, ginger essential oil, plus 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil and 2 drops orange essential oil. Stir well with whisk.
- Dip bread into the egg mixture and allow extra mixture drip off before cooking on the griddle.
- Turn each slice and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side until deep, golden brown.
- Spoon apple mixture over the top and serve immediately.
[…] French Toast with Apple Cranberry Sauce […]
[…] We adapted this recipe from Recipes with Essential Oils. […]