Learn how to make your own soothing, moisturizing massage oil blend that relaxes your mind and body and promotes healthy sleep, too.
When making your own massage oil blends, we have a few tips for you:
- Test out a drop of each of the oils together on a cotton ball or cotton swab. Play with the ratios and combos until your nose likes what it smells.
- When mixing in the essential oils with the carrier oil, only add a few drops at a time and stir gently until all of the essential oils have been added to the carrier oil.
- Leave space at the top of your container to allow the oils to breathe.
- Store your massage oil blend in a cool, dark place in a dark glass container with a cap or lid.
- Test each of the essential oils on your skin before mixing up a larger quantity to ensure no adverse reactions.
A quick note about carrier oils:
For this particular massage oil blend, we recommend using fractionated (liquid) coconut oil because of the soothing benefits to your skin from the coconut oil. It’s also colorless, preservative-free, and 100% vegan. And, this particular brand is fragrance-free so that the aroma comes solely from your essential oils.
You could also use avocado oil (soft, soothing, and leaves no greasy residue) or jojoba oil (does have a mild scent, but is excellent for nourishing skin and hair.) See more information about 6 of the most popular carrier oils here.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing Massage Oil Blend
- 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 20 drops Aroma Siez essential oil
- 2 oz. glass dropper bottle
- In a small, dark glass bottle or dark, lidded container, add the fractionated coconut oil or other preferred carrier oil.
- Add the essential oils.
- Shake gently before adding dime size amount into the palm of your hand to massage into skin.
- Store in dark glass bottle or lidded container in a dark, cool place.