This soothing, moisturizing massage oil blend relaxes your mind and body and promotes healthful sleep, too.
When making your own massage oil blends, we have a few tips for you:
- Test out a drop of each of the oils together on a cotton ball or cotton swab. Play with the ratios and combos until your nose likes what it smells.
- When mixing in the essential oils with the carrier oil, only add a few drops at a time and stir gently until all of the essential oils have been added to the carrier oil.
- Leave space at the top of your container to allow the oils to breathe.
- Store your massage oil blend in a cool, dark place in a dark glass container with a cap or lid.
- Test each of the essential oils on your skin before mixing up a larger quantity to ensure no adverse reactions.
A quick note about carrier oils:
For this particular massage oil blend, we recommend using fractionated (liquid) coconut oil because of the soothing benefits to your skin from the coconut oil. It’s also colorless, preservative-free, and 100% vegan. And, this particular brand is fragrance-free so that the aroma comes solely from your essential oils.
You could also use avocado oil (soft, soothing, and leaves no greasy residue) or jojoba oil (does have a mild scent, but is excellent for nourishing skin and hair.) See more information about 6 of the most popular carrier oils here.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Soothing, Moisturizing Massage Oil Blend
- 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 20 drops Aroma Siez essential oil
- 2 oz. glass dropper bottle
- In a small, dark glass bottle or dark, lidded container, add the fractionated coconut oil or other preferred carrier oil.
- Add the essential oils.
- Shake gently before adding dime size amount into the palm of your hand to massage into skin.
- Store in dark glass bottle or dark, lidded container in dark, cool place.