From adding it to cooking recipes to using it for cleaning and freshening your home, Thieves could easily be called the ruling monarch essential oil of Young Living. In addition to Thieves for household uses, Thieves Vitality taken internally can support a healthy immune system and contribute to overall wellness.
Thieves Essential Oil
Asking me to pick my favorite essential oil is similar to picking a favorite child. You just can’t do it. Thieves, however, would be a top contender for numero uno. It is probably the one oil that I could not live without, nor would I want to.
- Eucalyptus Radiata
- Cinnamon Bark
Historical Uses for Thieves
This unique essential oil blend was inspired by a legend of 15th-century French grave robbers who formulated a special blend to ward off sickness. They used a combination of rosemary, clove, and other botanicals. When they were finally caught and tried, they had to divulge their recipe for the secret tonic that kept them from contracting illnesses.
- The actual name Thieves Essential Oil is trademarked by Young Living Essential Oils.
- Thieves was one of the first essential oil blends released when the company was founded in 1994.
- Young Living has an entire Thieves product line ranging from household cleaners to personal care products, including oral health.
Aroma and Blending
- The aroma of Thieves is warm, spicy, and stimulating.
- Diffuse Thieves with citrus oils such as lemon, orange, and grapefruit.
Top Uses for Thieves Vitality Essential Oil*
- Support a healthy immune system.
- Enhance the flavor of food and beverages.
- Add to hot tea or water to contribute to overall wellness.
- Take 1-2 drops of Thieves Vitality in a clear vegetable capsule daily as an important part of your health regimen.
- Add a drop to your morning tea, juice, or coffee for a spicy yet sweet flavor.
- Mix into your morning oatmeal, granola, or cereal to elevate the flavor.
*Only Thieves Vitality Essential Oil is labeled for internal use. If you plan on ingesting Thieves, be sure that you are only using therapeutic grade essential oils marked with the Vitality label.
Top Uses for Thieves Essential Oil
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of Thieves to create a harmonious environment.
- Combine with baking soda to remove odors from carpets or fabrics.
- Add to your dishwasher to clean and freshen your dishes.
- Apply with a carrier oil topically to the feet or spine.
Recipes Using Thieves Essential Oil
- The aroma of this Thieves Baked Apple Streusel is sweet, mildly spicy, and quite delightful on a brisk, autumn day!
- Your day isn’t complete unless you’ve had a shot or two of NingXia Red. These 10 NingXia Red Shots with Thieves Vitality recipes let you take your wellness one step further with some creative shots of energizing goodness!
- Get your toilets sparkling clean, and with very little effort. This Fizzing Toilet Bomb with Thieves and Orange packs the same cleaning power as bleach, but with all-natural ingredients.
- This Fruit and Veggie Cleaning Wash recipe is a natural, cost-effective way to thoroughly clean fruits and veggies. Spray, rinse and enjoy!
- Eliminate soap scum and build up in your shower. This Bathroom Tile Cleaner features the gentle scrubbing power of baking soda teamed with Tea Tree and Thieves.
- Make a Nobody’s Got Time for That Roller Blend for all those teachers out there just trying to put one foot in front of the other in the healthiest way possible.
- Freshen your breath and shine up your pearly whites with our Homemade Peppermint Mouthwash recipe. It gently swishes around to leave your mouth extra clean and deodorized.
Find all of our recipes using Thieves essential oil by clicking here.
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!