Every couple of uses, my slow cooker needs a great cleaning. I don’t generally use slow cooker liner because I don’t want to spend extra for that convenience, especially when I have powerful essential oils on hand to help me tackle the job. See how easy it is to clean your slow cooker with essential oils!
I use baking soda and Citrus Fresh essential oils to make a powdery-paste that I use with a sponge to clean the inside of the slow cooker insert. Here’s what it looks like:
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
How to Clean Your Slow Cooker with Essential Oils
- Dirty Slow Cooker
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 6 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the base of your dirty slow cooker, enough to make a thin layer across the bottom.
- Add 6 drops of Citrus Fresh right into the baking soda. Using a clean and slightly damp sponge, scrub the baking soda all around the inside of the slow cooker insert. It will make a dirty, powdery-clumpy mess.
- Once the entire inside of the slow cooker insert appears clean, rinse out the baking soda and oils with warm water. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
- If you have a pesky stain or tough spot, use vinegar and/or a mesh scrubber and gently pull off the tough stain or spot where food is caked on. Then rinse with baking soda and Citrus Fresh, as indicated above.
You might also enjoy these other essential oil cleaning recipes:
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.