Every couple of uses, my slow cooker needs a great cleaning. I don’t generally use slow cooker liner because I don’t want to spend extra for that convenience, especially when I have powerful essential oils on hand to help me tackle the job. See how easy it is to clean your slow cooker with essential oils!
I use baking soda and Citrus Fresh essential oils to make a powdery-paste that I use with a sponge to clean the inside of the slow cooker insert. Here’s what it looks like:
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
How to Clean Your Slow Cooker with Essential Oils
- Dirty Slow Cooker
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 6 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the base of your dirty slow cooker, enough to make a thin layer across the bottom.
- Add 6 drops of Citrus Fresh right into the baking soda. Using a clean and slightly damp sponge, scrub the baking soda all around the inside of the slow cooker insert. It will make a dirty, powdery-clumpy mess.
- Once the entire inside of the slow cooker insert appears clean, rinse out the baking soda and oils with warm water. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
- If you have a pesky stain or tough spot, use vinegar and/or a mesh scrubber and gently pull off the tough stain or spot where food is caked on. Then rinse with baking soda and Citrus Fresh, as indicated above.