Each of us has come to this place in our journey from different places. Some of us have never heard of essential oils and we’re just beginning this journey of wellness. Some of us have used oils from other companies and we just don’t know which company is best. You might have thought that all essential oils are the same. No matter the path that brought you here, we’re glad to be at this place together.
Here are some questions that guided us as we each made our separate choices in which company to trust for our essential oils:
1. Can this company guarantee that the land used to grow their plants & herbs is free of residual herbicides, pesticides, & chemicals?
2. Does this company own their own lab to test an oil’s composition?
3. Does this company ever purchase oils from outside suppliers? If so, does the company visit the farms and oil distilleries to observe the process and make sure that there are no added chemicals to the distillation of the oils and that the herbs and plants are grown completely free from contamination with herbicides, pesticides, and chemical fertilizers?
4. Does this company only use crops that were harvested at their peak time? And if so, does the grower test to make sure that the crop is at its peak time for harvesting?
5. Does this company continuously monitor the process of distillation to make sure that the oils produced from the distillation contain all of the correct therapeutic components?
6. Can this company guarantee that oils are discarded and not sold if mistakes were made during the distillation process that affect the quality of the oils?
7. Does this company’s oil suppliers use extra solvents during the distillation process to extract extra oil from the plants?
8. Can this company guarantee that nothing is added to the oils during bottling?
What we’ve found is that there are so many steps that go into producing quality essential oils and skimping on any single step would be a mistake.
We’ve chosen to use Young Living essential oils because of their commitment to quality in every step of the process:
- Young Living selects seeds with the best oil producing potential. For example, though they are similar, not every variety of lavender produces the amazing qualities found in Lavendula angustifolia. Only this variety of the plant will bring forth the relaxing and comforting effects that true lavender is known for.
- Young Living owns their own farms and only partners with other farmers who stand up to their very high standards. Young Living was the only company we found in our research that has their own farms in the regions where the plants should be grown. Plants have optimal soil, temperature, and atmospheric conditions. For those reasons, Young Living’s farms produce the best quality oils.
- Owning their own farms also allows Young Living to focus on quality and have their hand in every step from soil cultivation to pest control to weed control. They don’t use harmful chemical pesticides and herbicides. It’s amazing that Young Living actually uses essential oils as pest deterrents and they do all their weeding by hand. This is a huge commitment to quality!
- Young Living doesn’t use chemical solvents to extract the essential oils. They do everything they can to preserve the precious attributes of each individual oil that they produce. Young Living essential oils are never diluted or adulterated.
- Young Living uses in-house testing in addition to third-party testing to ensure that every batch exceeds international standards of quality. If an oil does not meet their standards then they will not sell it. They have had oils go out of stock from time to time due to supply constraints. And Young Living would rather not adulterate their quality oils just to keep filling orders.
Could I get this quality from another oil company?
Young Living was the only company that we found that controls all their own farms in appropriate regions for each plant. They absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides are used in the growing of any of their oils. They set their own high standards and have their own testing equipment (using many different testing methods). Young Living also uses the first distillation of oils and refuses to add chemicals to get more oils out of the plant.
Young Living believes that you and your family deserve products that are genuine, free of harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Seed to Seal® is our promise to you that we are committed to providing just that to your family. From the seeds we plant to the moment we seal our bottles, we focus on naturally occurring and high-quality components to provide you with a pristine final product without compromise.
If you’d like more information about our journey, you can learn about that here.
Find out more: