If you love natural products for your family then give this tutorial for Homemade Fabric Baby Wipes with Moisturizing Solution a try. It’s perfect for diaper changes, cleaning up after a messy meal, or anytime baby gets a little grubby. The ingredients are soothing, gentle, and easy to combine for a natural solution to your family’s messes.
It was easy for me to take my husband’s old t-shirt and cut it up. He needed a new one anyway. Jersey cotton is a fantastic recycled fabric for baby wipes because it’s soft and the cut edges don’t unravel even after washing them.
We keep a stack of these recycled fabric cleanup cloths in our kitchen for after mealtime and in our bathroom for a quick wipe down from playing outside. Surely my kids aren’t the only ones gifted at getting extraordinarily messy all day long!
The moisturizing baby wipes solution we love is gentle and soothing for delicate skin.
- Castile soap is mildly cleansing to leave baby’s skin clean and smooth.
- Vitamin E oil is an antioxidant to soften baby’s skin naturally.
- Fractionated coconut oil is one of our favorite carrier oils because it has little smell and deeply moisturizes skin.
- German Chamomile and Lavender essential oils are gentle for babies and help with cleansing and soothing your baby’s delicate skin.
Take 5 minutes to make your own Homemade Fabric Baby Wipes with Moisturizing Solution with these simple steps.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Homemade Fabric Baby Wipes with Solution
- 25 squares of a recycled t-shirt (I got this from one XL t-shirt.)
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 teaspoon Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Castile Soap
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1 drop German Chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- container for the wipes
- soap pump for the solution
- Place the t-shirt squares into your wipes container. This can be any nice lidded jar or a recycled wipes box from disposable wipes. If you are planning to store the wipes solution separately, then prepare your soap dispenser by removing the lid.
- Into the dispenser, place the distilled water, Castile soap, vitamin E oil, coconut oil, and essential oils. Use a spoon to stir.
- Replace the pump lid and prime it by pumping a few times until the solution comes out. You’re ready!
- To use: Grab one of your recycled wipes in your hand and dispense some solution onto the wipe. You don’t need a lot. Just enough to get the wipe damp. Squeeze the wipe to distribute the solution throughout the wipe and clean the baby as usual. Toss the soiled wipes into your hamper to launder with other baby items. Do not launder with cloth diapers as this solution could cause them to become less absorbent.
- Note: If you are pouring the wipes solution onto the wipes for storage, then you won’t need the pump dispenser. Just pour the mixture onto your wipes and store in a cool, dark place. Make sure to store in a location where it won’t get tipped over and cause leaking.
More essential oil recipes you might enjoy:
- Back to School Roll-on Blends & Tips
- Body Wash Recipes
- Homemade Dryer Sheets
- Foaming Hand Soap
- Kitchen Cleaning Wipes
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.