I admit that I’m one of those people. I really like smell-good body wash, but I change my mind a lot. So I end up with 719 bottles of body wash that are half empty because I just got bored and moved on to another scent. Then when I started making my own body wash I cured myself by making small batches in different scents. I can make 4 different body wash scents in less than 10 minutes!
This Body Wash is so easy to make in small batches and contains just a few ingredients. I can make 4 different body wash scents in less than 10 minutes!
These are my favorite 2-ounce squeeze bottles that are perfect for this recipe.
The key is in the cleansing base. We use Young Living Bath & Shower Gel Base. It’s got a substantial feel (read: it’s not goopy or watery) without any odor. It rinses clean and leaves my skin feeling fresh.
Another fantastic base is this unscented, organic shikakai soap and Castile soap blend. This hand and body soap is gentle and appropriate for all skin types. Try the recipe both ways and let us know which one you prefer!
I always add extra nourishing ingredients to my body wash. It helps me keep my skin healthy and beautiful. I do this with a moisturizing carrier oil (like Jojoba oil) and the antioxidant powerhouse of vitamin E oil. These pair up in so many of our recipes because they’re packed with powerful, nourishing benefits.
You’ll want to note that none of these body wash bases will lather very much. You don’t need bubbles to get clean. I know it takes a little getting used to, but after a while you won’t even think about the lather being a factor.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Refreshing Body Wash Recipe
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Young Living Bath & Shower Gel Base (or Dr. Bronner’s Shikakai Body Soap)
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 drop Rosemary Essential Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 ounce amber bottle
- Place all the ingredients into your amber bottle.
- Swirl to combine.
- To use: Dispense a dime sized amount onto a loofah or wash cloth and bathe and rinse as usual. Keep out of eyes.
- Store out of direct sunlight for up to 6 months.
Here are my other favorite scent combinations. Just use the same recipe above and substitute the essential oils below:
Sensual Citrus Body Wash
- 2 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 1 drop Jasmine Essential Oil
Amber Spice Body Wash
- 2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 drop Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil
Walk in the Garden Body Wash
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 1 drop Geranium Essential Oil
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!
You might also enjoy these essential oil beauty recipes:
- Foaming Hand Soap
- Nourishing Cuticle & Nail Oil
- Moisture Rich Lotion Bar
- Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil
- Peaceful Bath with Lavender