This DIY Homemade Foaming Hand Soap recipe moisturizes while cleansing and purifying hands. With only 3 ingredients, you can make your own natural essential oil hand soap and customize it to your scent preference. Have fun trying different combinations!
Making homemade foaming hand soap is a super-easy way to save money and live more naturally!
I’ve been making my own hand soap since I started experimenting with essential oils. This was a simple step in removing unwanted chemicals from my home while infusing our lives with the power of essential oils. Plus, it was something we used every day.
You’ll love this homemade version containing Thieves essential oil. Not only does it clean your hands, but it’ll give your immune system a little support too!
Homemade Foaming Hand Soap Ingredients
- The liquid mixture for foaming hand soap is basically watered-down soap. Yup! It’s way less soap than you would normally put into a dispenser. And this simple fact is what will save us so much money this year. One batch of foaming hand soap only takes about 1-2 tablespoons of Castile soap
- The magic of foaming hand soap is all in the pump. The pump adds air to the liquid and makes it thick and foamy. But I think it works to make us feel like we have “enough” soap to get our hands clean
- The essential oils in foaming hand soap can help moisturize and beautify your skin, not to mention adding a light scent even once your hands are dry
Why Castile Soap?
You’ll fall in love with Castile soap’s natural cleaning properties and how gentle it is on the skin. It is named after the olive oil-based soaps originating in Castile, Spain.
This liquid soap is made with plant-based ingredients and contains no synthetic preservatives, thickeners, or foaming agents.
I only recommend Dr. Bronner’s brand. I like the unscented version since I am going to add my essential oils, but they do have scented options available including lavender, peppermint, and citrus.
Castile soap is about three times more concentrated than traditional soaps, making it ideal for personal care recipes. You can use less soap, save money, and live cleaner!
Enjoy this easy recipe for homemade foaming hand soap at every sink in your home.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
- 1 cup distilled water (to prolong shelf life)
- 20-30 drops Thieves Essential Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons unscented Castile soap
- refillable foaming soap dispenser
- In a foaming soap dispenser, add the water and essential oils
- Next, add the Castile soap
- Put on the pump and twist to attach
- Swirl to combine
To use: Wet hands. Add a pump of soap. Massage over your hands. Rinse
Here are some more scent combinations that would be amazing in this essential oil hand soap:
- Frankincense + Orange
- Lavender + Lemon
- Christmas Spirit + Vanilla
- Rosemary + Basil
- Lavender + Thyme
- Tea Tree + Lemon
- Lemongrass + Bergamot
- Eucalyptus + Lemon
- Stress Away + Lime
Not the DIY Type? Young Living’s Foaming Hand Soaps are amazing! Available in Thieves, Lavender, Christmas Spirit, Winter Nights, and Luscious Lemon scents.