It’s so much fun to combine essential oils in recipes that the entire family can use and enjoy. Our simple recipe for Moisturizing Hand Scrub is a multi-purpose beauty product that cleans, softens, and gently polishes hands.
All these ingredients work together to really provide amazing effects even after just one use
- The sugar gently scrubs dirt and dry skin away to give your skin a clean glow.
- The almond oil moisturizes and helps keep the skin nourished and healthy.
- Frankincense and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood team up to soften the skin and bring an amazing scent.
This recipe for Moisturizing Hand Scrub has so many uses all year long
- Clean your hands after working in the garden.
- Gently polish away dry skin after harsh winter months.
- Perfect for cleaning kids’ delicate hands after a mud pie party.
- Keep a jar by your utility sink to provide cleaning power for your dirtiest hands.
- Moisturize sensitive skin, and gently scrub away sand and seawater after a day at the beach.
- Use on the whole family for extra scrubbing power after yard work or household repairs.
Here’s a little more information about the essential oils we’ve chosen for our recipe.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Smooths the look of healthy skin.
- Perfect for grounding and spiritual focus.
- Includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a sweet, earthy, uplifting aroma.
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Valued in skincare for its moisturizing qualities.
- Delivers a rich, sweet, warm, and woody aroma that is sensual and romantic.
- Used traditionally as incense in religious ceremonies and for meditation, the scent is uplifting and relaxing.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing Hand Scrub
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces almond oil
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 8 ounce glass jar
- Combine all ingredients in the jar.
- Stir well.
- Store in a cool, dark place until ready to use.
- To use: Wet the skin and scrub gently with a few teaspoons of the scrub. Rinse.
You could also substitute the following essential oils if you desire: Lavender, Geranium, and/or Elemi.
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and use personally. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!