Take your gummy bears to the next level with a boost of vitamins and powerful immune support. This easy-to-follow NingXia Red Vitamin Gummies recipe is fast and makes 150 servings of deliciousness.
In under 25 minutes, you can create these gummies your whole family will go nuts for. The ingredients are few but you might want to order ahead of time since they aren’t carried in most grocery stores.
NingXia Red is the base of this powerhouse recipe. Put it on your Essential Rewards order to have it on hand for this recipe. Yum!
- Whole-body nutrient infusion for health and wellness support
- Supports energy, good health, and overall wellness
- Contains powerful ingredients that are involved in many natural antioxidant processes
- Helps prevent against oxidative stress as a daily supplement
See our NingXia Red shots recipes for supporting good healthy and overall wellness!
Citrus Fresh Vitality adds a boost of flavor that really enhances the taste of these little bears.
We used this vegan gelatin for the gelling ingredient. This brand worked really well for us and we found it at our neighborhood natural food store. You could also use agar agar or bovine gelatin for different results. Since this recipe was formulated with a specific gelatin, we recommend using discretion as you try different gelatins to find the right consistency.
Now for the most important part…
Grab a bottle of Royal Camu Superfood. It’s a crazy concentrated natural source of vitamin C (sourced from the Camu-Camu berries from the Amazon) that is a powerful immune, anti-oxidant, and mood support. I love that it’s not chemically made! I found it at my little natural food store and you can also buy the same Camu-Camu powder here (or there’s a little bit less expensive brand here that looks great, but we didn’t test this one.)
The silicon bear molds are key to the success of this recipe. We love these gummy bear molds. They are flexible for popping out those little bears, they last through repeated uses, and they’re so bright and cheerful. If you have different molds then your yield and results may vary.
The main ingredients in this recipe contain no artificial food coloring, processed sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or preservatives! The confectioner’s sugar obviously adds a small amount of processed sugar, but it’s necessary to keep the gummies from sticking together.
Vitamin C Supplement Information
- This page is a fascinating resource on the benefits and recommended dosages of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is a wonderful antioxidant to include in your daily diet. Always consult a health care professional before starting a new supplement.
- Be careful to store these supplements (including the ingredients and finished gummy bears) out of the reach of children so as to avoid an accidental overdose which can be very dangerous. Never ever allow children to serve themselves these supplements.
- These gummies are NOT recommended for children under 4 due to the fact that they pose a choking hazard.
- Children aged 4 – 8 years require a minimum of 25 mg according to the USDA. One gummy bear will yield 21.33 mg of Vitamin C which is 85% of the recommended intake.
- Children aged 9 – 13 years are recommended by the USDA to consume 45 mg of Vitamin C daily. Two gummies would provide your 9 – 13 year old almost 95% of their daily recommended amount.
- Adults and teenagers 14+ required different amounts for males and females. Find your daily recommended allowance here.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- In a room temperature medium size glass bowl, combine the Citrus Fresh Vitality essential oil and the gelatin. Do not stir. Set aside in a warm place so that the bowl does not get cool. This will affect the setup of the gelatin.
- Place all three silicon bear molds on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the NingXia Red, honey, and Royal Camu powder over low heat. Stir with a whisk to dissolve the powder. This will take consistent stirring. It's very important that you dissolve the Camu-Camu powder during this step so that it doesn't affect the stirring time in the next step.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat. Carefully pour the hot liquid into the glass bowl with the gelatin. Stir quickly with a whisk to dissolve the gelatin. While it's still hot and liquid-y, you'll immediately pour the gummy liquid into the silicone molds (see next step). DO NOT stir the mixture once the gel starts to set as the gummy bears won't set up correctly if they are not in a hot, liquid form when you put them in the silicone molds.
- Pour 1/3 of the HOT mixture over the top of one of the silicon molds. Gently press the gelatin mixture into the mold cavities with a rubber or silicon spatula. You can do this by smearing the gel over the top of the mold and pressing down to scrape the surface. This will push gelatin into the bear molds and smooth the backs of the bears. Repeat with remaining two molds. Work quickly so it doesn't cool off and set before you are done.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least four hours. Push out the bears into a resealable bag. Add in the confectioner's sugar, seal the bag, and shake to coat. (This helps the gummies not stick together.)