Avocado Lime Tarts are a quick and easy treat for parties, cookouts, or any time you need a flavorful pick-me-up! My kids love them and one batch is barely enough to satisfy their appetites. It’s impossible to get them to only eat their 2 tart serving without asking for more! You’ll love the bright, vibrant flavor of creamy, chilled lime and the crunchy, sweet crust.
My family and I went to Florida for vacation earlier this year and I cannot tell you how many key lime pies I tasted. Oh, don’t think I’m complaining. I could have pie for three meals a day plus a healthy bonus snack!
These Avocado Lime Tarts adapt that much-loved classic to a version that is super easy to make at home. (Plus, they are the cousin to our super popular No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Tarts!)
The Lime Vitality essential oil is GREAT in this recipe because it really amps up the citrus flavor. Adding more key lime juice makes the filling too watery and then you have to balance it out with more ingredients and more sugar and more cream cheese just to get the right lime flavor. The Lime Vitality perks up everything without adding too much liquid. It’s magic really! (We also love the Lime Vitality in our Key Lime Cupcakes recipe.)
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
No Bake Avocado Lime TartsPrint Pin Rate
- Combine the cream cheese, avocado, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, essential oil, and key lime juice into a bowl. Blend well with a mixer until the mixture is smooth and creamy. No lumps should remain.
- If the filling is a too stiff you can add a teaspoon more key lime juice until it’s the right consistency.
- Spoon the filling into the shells.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The filling will still be soft but will firm up just a little.
- Garnish with blackberries, or other desired fruit.