Looking for a way to kick up the flavor in your water bottle everyday? Might I suggest adding citrus essential oils to your glass every morning. It’s amazingly delicious and an easy way to increase the amount of water you drink every day!
While everyone’s taste buds are different, I adore adding a drop each of the different citrus essential oils – lemon, tangerine or orange, grapefruit or lime. Fill up a mason jar or our favorite glass water bottle with water and ice and load in those oils!
If you are lucky enough to get the bottle of Citrus Fresh vitality essential oil in your Premium Starter Kit from Young Living, you can add a few drops of that to your water bottle.
I keep all my citrus oils together on a rack in my pantry next to the spices. Each morning I fill up my mug with coffee and my water bottle with water and I drop in some oils and give them a swirl It’s such a part of my morning routine that I pretty much do it on autopilot.
I highly recommend starting with one or two of the citrus oils and start mixing and matching until you find the recipe that’s perfect for you and your daily glasses of water.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Citrus Water for Daily HydrationPrint Pin Rate
- 16 oz. water
- Glass water bottle or mason jar
- 1 drop Lemon Vitality or Jade Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Tangerine Vitality or Orange Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Grapefruit Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Lime Vitality essential oil
- Sliced lemons (limes, berries or other fresh fruit, optional)
- Add 16 oz. water to a glass water bottle or mason jar. Add 1 drop each of lemon, tangerine or orange, and grapefruit essential oils. Add more oils, 1 drop at a time, to taste.
- Optional, add fresh lemon slices, lime slices, berries or other fresh fruit.
- Drink and enjoy a refreshing citrus flavor in your daily water glasses.
You might also enjoy these essential oil beverages:
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.