The joy of fall is upon us and I was thrilled when the temperature dropped down low enough to make this moist, delicious Pumpkin Bread. I gathered some of my favorite essential oils for baking and went to work!
This recipe is super moist and perfect for gifting. I love to purchase multi-packs of disposable mini loaf pans to give these loaves as gifts.
The essential oils in this recipe really highlight the essence of fall baking. They’re warm, nutty, and spicy with a touch of sunshine (from the lemon essential oil!). Try this recipe as it’s written and then boost the essential oil drops in future batches to suit your taste buds. There is lots of room for you to tweak for your family’s preferences. You might try adding more drops of cinnamon bark or even substituting orange or tangerine essential oil instead of the lemon. Yum!
*Note* Only Vitality essential oils are labeled for internal use. This photograph does not represent the oils used in this recipe.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Pumpkin BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree (not flavored pie filling)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 drops Cinnamon Bark Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Clove Vitality essential oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg essential oil
- 1 drop Ginger Vitality essential oil
- 4 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Stir and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, water, yogurt, and all essential oils. Blend until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Scrape the sides often to make sure all the ingredients get blended in. When they’re combined, switch mixer to medium and blend for two minutes on medium until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Divide the batter evenly among the loaf pans. Place the filled mini pans on a large cookie sheet to make it easier to transfer them to and from the oven.
- Bake for 43 – 48 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the bread. (Disposable mini loaf pans took about 5 minutes longer than the porcelain pan I used.)
This recipe is great for freezing. Just bake the loaves as directed and cool thoroughly. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 8 weeks. When you’re ready to gift them just move them to the refrigerator for 24 hours, wrap, and give away! The pumpkin bread will be as moist and delicious as the day you baked it!
More fall essential oil recipes to enjoy:
- Baked Apples with Streusel
- Diffuser Recipes for Fall Harvest
- Holiday Room Sprays
- Honey Lemon Throat Drops
- Pear-Apple Pie
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.