The smell of apple cider simmering in the kitchen. Roasted spices and fresh-cut wreaths. These are the smells of my holiday memories. That’s why these essential oil Holiday Room Sprays make my heart so happy. Take the best essential oils and blend them together to make your home smell completely amazing through the entire holiday season.
Gather your supplies and your favorite essential oils to create a simple Holiday Room Spray in less than 5 minutes.
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- 1 ounce distilled water
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel or 100 proof vodka
- 15-20 drops essential oil (see some of our favorite festive blend ideas below)
- Combine water and witch hazel (or vodka) in a spray bottle
- Add essential oils. Swirl to combine
- Spray into the air in all the rooms of your home. Repeat as needed
The alcohol and witch hazel are added to allow the recipe to last all season long. Adding the witch hazel or vodka will not affect the scent as much as you think. You can choose to use only distilled water, but your room spray will not last as long.
You could also choose to make a larger batch if you find a recipe you really love. I make large batches of Holiday Room Spray in a 16 oz glass spray bottle and adorn it with a simple, yet elegant gift tag.
The base for all these recipes is exactly the same. Substitute the essential oils in each recipe below for a custom room spray.
5 Essential Oil Holiday Room Spray Scents
Peace Room Spray
- 10 drops Palo Santo essential oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
Harvest Room Spray
- 10 drops Orange essential oil
- 7 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 3 drops Clove essential oil
Merry Room Spray
- 8 drops Cardamom essential oil
- 8 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
Reflections Room Spray
- 8 drops Sacred Mountain essential oil
- 12 drops Bergamot essential oil
Wassail Room Spray
- 4 drops Nutmeg essential oil
- 4 drops Ginger essential oil
- 4 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 2 drops Clove essential oil
Have fun and experiment with more essential oils that are perfect for the holiday season!
Best Holiday Essential Oils
Make your own blend with any of these spicy, woodsy, and citrus scents. There are also a few floral and minty scents to add to the fun!
- Cinnamon Bark
- Eucalyptus Blue
- Idaho Balsam Fir
- Idaho Blue Spruce
- Palo Santo
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Sacred Frankincense
- Sacred Mountain
- White Angelica
- Ylang Ylang
All of these essential oil holiday room spray recipes above can also be used in your diffuser! Be sure you are effectively using your essential oil diffusers by checking out this FREE Comprehensive Diffuser Guide here!
Want all 20 recipes? You’ll find all these essential oils used in different combinations for a total of 20 Essential Oil Holiday Room Spray recipes!