Soft batch style ginger cookies, yes please! This easy recipe for Chewy Ginger Cookies is made with Clove, Cinnamon Bark, and Ginger Essential Oils. The flavor is so much brighter and more robust than when made with dried spices!
While we love to make gingerbread cookies to decorate during the holidays, I much prefer a softer, chewier cookie to enjoy with a glass of milk after dinner. These are those cookies…they give you the taste of gingerbread cookies, but without the crisp.
And, they are made with essential oils in the batter! 🙂
One thing to note that is very important about this recipe…the “Chill Time” for the dough. Please, please, please chill the dough for an hour once you mix it all together. Baking these Ginger Cookies when the dough is warm isn’t a good idea, I promise. You’ll want to cool the dough for at least an hour in the fridge. If you do, they will come out perfectly chewy!
And, if you aren’t using silicone baking mats when you bake, then you must try them and see the difference! Nothing sticks to it, you don’t need to pre-grease it (yay, for avoiding chemical sprays!), and they wipe off clean every time. And, you can use these instead of parchment paper, which is another great savings tip, since the silpat mats can be used more than 2000 times!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Holiday Ginger CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs and molasses until loose batter forms.
- Add the drops of Cinnamon Bark, Clove and Ginger essential oils to the wet batter and stir through.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until hard dough forms.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Form cookie dough into 1 1/2″ balls and roll in the coarse sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft and chewy.
- Serve Holiday Ginger Cookies.
You might also enjoy:
- Baked Apples with Streusel
- Peppermint Brownie Bites
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Tarts
- Lavender Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Lemon Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.