I am an avid runner and huge fan of Epsom salt baths after a long run, or strenuous cross-training session. I’ve tried all kinds of ways to help my sore muscles and my favorite way is to soak in an Epsom salt bath with essential oils. This recipe for a Sore Muscle Soak is the perfect combination to help you relax and muscle detox after a hard workout.
The magnesium from the Epsom salt literally soaks through your skin and is absorbed by your body and will fight off the soreness.
- Add in the Lavender essential oils to help you relax and calm your body after strenuous exercise.
- And then add in the Panaway essential oil blend that works to soothe overworked and tired muscles.
This is the perfect combination of oils and Epsom salt to help you relax and muscle detox after a hard workout. It’s my go-to recipe for post-long run soaks when I’m training for a half marathon.
- Related: Sore Muscle Rub Cream
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Sore Muscle Soak with Essential Oils
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10 drop Panaway essential oil
- Draw a warm bath.
- In a glass bowl, add the Epsom salt and baking soda and stir gently.
- Add 10 drops each of Lavender and Panaway essential oils each to the Epsom salt mixture.
- Stir the Epsom salt-essential oils mixture into the warm water in the bathtub.
- Soak for 20 minutes.
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!