Transform your bath tub into a spa resort.
Okay, everybody knows that’s an exaggeration and life makes sure that your moments to yourself are few and far between. But you really should try these relaxing Essential Oil Spa Bath Salt recipes to get 15 minutes to yourself and enjoy a little pampering.
I don’t have to convince you to take a peaceful and luxurious bath, right?
Simple ingredients, simple pleasure
We’ve previously shared with you our simplest relaxing bath recipe which is a super easy way to experience the sweet relaxation that comes from essential oils.
But, we wanted this Spa Bath Salts recipe to be a little different. We wanted it to be more special and a teensy bit more like what you would actually experience in a spa. And, it is a delightful gift idea for any female in your life. More on that in a minute!
These two ingredients deliver some precious minerals to the bath that can help ease your stress and even relieve mild physical discomforts.
Some believe these minerals to also help detoxify your body. I don’t know about that, but my skin always feels amazingly soft after a salt bath, so that’s a great benefit in my book.
My favorite aspect of this recipe is the delightful butterfly pea flower. If you’ve never heard of them then you’re in for a real treat. These plants are native to Asia and we got our Organic Butterfly Pea Flowers direct from Thailand for a great price here.
These flowers have been used traditionally to increase relaxation, reduce stress, and help you sleep.
The butterfly pea flowers have an added bonus of turning your bath water a precious blue color. This is super relaxing to me when I soak for a few precious moments after a long week. The blue color is very calming and does not stain or discolor my bathtub (in case you’re wondering).
The essential oils in this recipe are sweet, floral, and exotic. They combine together to create the perfect atmosphere for you to steal away a few moments of luxury. We use Bergamot and Ylang Ylang essential oils to give a bright and feminine scent that you’ll love.
These Spa Bath Salts will make a remarkable gift when presented in this lidded bamboo box. I keep this stocked beside my bathtub so I can reach for it when needed. It’s gorgeous and such beautiful, natural wood.
Also, if you’d like to add another layer of awesomeness you can grab this boar bristled body brush which can gently remove dead skin and help encourage good circulation.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Essential Oil Spa Bath Salt Recipes
- Bamboo box
- 1/3 cup Epsom salt
- 1/3 cup Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup dried butterfly pea flowers
- 5 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 3 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Store the bath salts in the bamboo box indefinitely.
- Makes enough for 2 full baths.
- To use: Combine 1/2 cup of bath salts with very hot water in a quart jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake until salts are almost completely dissolved. This might take a few minutes. Pour the mixture into your warm bath and soak for at least 15 minutes.
I think you’ll love the recipe above. We’ve also created some other combinations of essential oils for you to find one that really suits you. Just use the same recipe and replace the Bergamot and Ylang Ylang with these combinations below:
Grace and Love Bath Salts
- 4 drops Geranium essential oil
- 4 drops Orange essential oil
English Garden Bath Salts
- 6 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 drop Rose essential oil
Green Peacefulness Bath Salts
- 4 drops Lime essential oil
- 4 drops Lemongrass essential oil
Oriental Spa Bath Salts
- 6 drops Jade Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Jasmine essential oil