This sweet and replenishing homemade moisturizing vanilla lip balm is simple to make yourself with just a few ingredients, and it’s amazing at keeping your kisser healthy. It’s also perfect for colder weather when our lips need a little extra nourishment.
Our tried and true (and loved!) recipe features two of our all-time favorite carrier oils, Avocado Oil and Coconut Oil. Both moisturize and enrich your skin’s softness for hours. Plus, we added a boost of vitamin E for extra beautiful and silky lips.
This balm goes on smooth and you can feel it giving you that extra layer of moisture. Plus, the beeswax is perfect for holding in all that moisture and creating a barrier against wind and dryness.
The Bergamot and Geranium essential oils in this recipe are used not only for their uplifting, sweet, and citrusy floral aroma but also because they are perfect for tender skin.
Can you use other essential oils? YES!
Here’s a couple of ideas to get you thinking:
And, don’t be afraid to use this lip balm on your whole family. All the ingredients (as written below) are regarded for being gentle and appropriate even for sensitive skin.
This recipe is super simple, but you will need a few special tools on hand to make sure it comes together perfectly.
- Precise, digital kitchen scale – Your food scale needs to measure down to 1 gram since that’s the unit we use for this recipe.
- Lip Balm Tubes – I love these tubes we found. They’re ready to use and quite inexpensive. (Roughly $5 for 12 of them!)
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing Vanilla Lip Balm
- 7 grams avocado oil
- 5 grams shea butter
- 5 grams beeswax
- 3 grams coconut oil
- 1 gram vitamin E oil
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 1 drop Geranium essential oil
- In a double boiler, combine the avocado oil, shea butter, beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, and vanilla. Stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
- Pour into lip stick tubes. Allow to cool completely before use. Makes 4 tubes.
And, these Vanilla Lip Balms make for a great gift idea for birthdays, holidays, wedding showers and more!
Or make them a little fancier with some cute decorative stickers for lip balm tubes (or rollerballs!)…
Want more essential oil beauty ideas?
Natural Beauty Make & Take Party Printable Pack
Host an oily party using our Natural Beauty Mega Pack that is perfect for deeply nourishing your skin, hair, and more! Everyone will enjoy these cute little gifts. Each guest can take home and enjoy their own DIY beauty treatment samples.
- Clarifying Hair Rinse
- Cleansing Face Wash
- Facial Moisturizer
- Facial Toner
- Invigorating Body Wash
- Leave-In Spray Conditioner
- Nourishing Cuticle Oil
- Sugar Scrub
Our Natural Beauty Mega Pack features some of the most popular essential oils, and we include everything you need to throw a fun and successful oily party!
You might also enjoy these recipes: