Chemically created colognes give me a severe headache. I don’t think that toxic is sexy or attractive. That’s why we’ve decided to banish the lab-created scents and make our own natural perfume sprays with pure essential oils. Kick the store-bought perfumes to the curb where they belong. Join us as we design our own floral perfumes that will express your true creativity and happiness.
The perfumes we are going to blend are all floral based. Flowers have a great romantic quality that can help us feel feminine and beautiful. No wonder women have been using flowers for so long to create personalized perfumes and body treatments.
Of course, all flowers have their own distinct aromas that you might desire to blend together. Here is a list of essential oils that you might use to blend your own floral perfume spray:
- Blue Tansy
- Chamomile (German and Roman)
- Ylang Ylang
Floral scents blend well with spices and citrus aromas, so we’ve recruited a few of our favorite essential oils to highlight the floral aromas in our blends.
The base of these blends is alcohol. We chose to use 100 proof white rum because it delivers the purest scents while also preserving the recipe for many months.
Grab some of these super cute perfume spray bottles and these adorable funnels (seriously, this is almost impossible without a funnel) and let’s have a party! Try our Long Kiss Goodbye Perfume Spray or have some friends over and make all four recipes below. You can all go home with some great perfumes and no headaches!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Long Kiss Goodbye Perfume Spray
Yield – 10ml spray bottle
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- 10 ml spray bottle
- tiny funnel
- 10 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 5 drops Cistus essential oil
- 5 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oil
- 1/4 teaspoon homemade vanilla extract, or this clear cold pressed vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons 100 proof rum or vodka
- Remove the spray attachment from your bottle. Insert the funnel into the top of the bottle.
- Add the essential oils to your bottle. Add the vanilla and rum.
- Replace the spray attachment.
- To use: Spray onto wrists, over heart, behind ears, into hair, and behind knees.
- Store in a cool, dark place. Always keep out of the reach of children. Because these bottles are not protective of the essential oils inside like a dark bottle would be, I store this in my handbag or cosmetic bag so it’s not in direct sunlight. Also, do not spray onto clothing (especially silk) as this can cause staining or discoloration.
Note: If you don’t love the scent of vanilla then you can always substitute more rum for the vanilla extract.
Here are some other scent variations that we think you’ll love. Just use the exact same recipe above, but change out the essential oils as desired.
Seriously, I dare you to wear this on your next date night. Don’t tell me what happens, but… you’re welcome.
- 8 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 7 drops Ylang Ylang essential oil
- 6 drops Cardamom essential oil
My Forever Love
Wear your heart on your sleeve with this delightful blend. The sweet orange sets off the deep, richness of the jasmine and palmarosa. It’s beautiful and great for an evening out.
- 8 drops Orange essential oil
- 6 drops Palmarosa essential oil
- 6 drops Jasmine essential oil
This blend is a perfect picker-upper afternoon perfume spray. It is just a breath of fresh air.
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops Lemon essential oil
The base of all our perfumes and colognes is alcohol. We chose to use 100 proof white rum because it delivers the purest essential oil scents while also preserving the recipe for many months. You could also use vodka with similar results and very limited affect to the scent.
You could substitute distilled water if you’d rather not use alcohol. But this modification will shorten the shelf life to a few weeks.
Another option we’ve read about is to add a small amount of witch hazel to the water to help extend the shelf life. This would work and increase the shelf life, but it will dramatically affect the aroma in each perfume or cologne. These recipes were tested with white rum and we can’t speak to the results with water or witch hazel.
Plus, these perfume recipes go perfectly with our latest Make & Take Printable Pack…
The Natural Beauty Mega Pack is perfect for deeply nourishing your skin, hair, and more! Everyone will enjoy these cute little gifts. Each guest can take home and enjoy their own DIY beauty treatment samples.
- Clarifying Hair Rinse
- Cleansing Face Wash
- Facial Moisturizer
- Facial Toner
- Invigorating Body Wash
- Leave-In Spray Conditioner
- Nourishing Cuticle Oil
- Sugar Scrub
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!
More essential oil recipes you might enjoy:
- Perfume Sprays (Non-Floral)
- Body Wash Recipes
- Diffuser Recipes for Lifting Moods
- Cologne Recipes for Men
- Vanilla Lip Balm
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.