I once heard an older woman advise my teenager to simply use water to cleanse his face and it would work better than most any prescription fix that could be bought. I love the ease and natural focus of this idea. Keep it simple! She was rightfully encouraging him NOT to look to harsh chemicals from over-the-counter medications, but to seek out a natural way that works. With only three ingredients this DIY Natural Facial Toner couldn’t be simpler!
I’m taking that “water only” advice a step further. It’s still natural and easy, but just a little more cleansing and uplifting! We add two more natural ingredients to the water to create a facial toner recipe that will not only revive and moisturize, but give you the peace of mind that comes with a natural solution.
The witch hazel in this recipe is great for minimizing the appearance of pores while gently tightening the appearance of your skin. I love that witch hazel makes my face feel clean and refreshed without over-drying.
We use Geranium essential oil in this recipe for its soothing and moisturizing properties. Geranium essential oil has been used for hundreds of years to reduce the appearance of fine lines while toning and beautifying the skin.
You could also use Lavender, Elemi, or Melrose essential oils.
My face is very sensitive and I love to use this natural toner every night. Here’s my routine:
- Remove my eye makeup with jojoba oil on a cotton pad.
- Wash my face with our gentle foaming face wash recipe.
- Swipe my entire face with facial toner on a cotton pad.
- Moisturize with our easy overnight moisturizer.
Jenn and I both love to use this mineral makeup. It’s so wonderful and easy to apply (and remove). The makeup goes on so smooth after I use this toner that I don’t always have to use a moisturizer underneath my foundation in the mornings.
With only three ingredients this DIY Natural Facial Toner couldn’t be simpler!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Natural Facial Toner
- 1/2 cup witch hazel
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 15 drops geranium essential oil
- 8 oz. wide-mouth mason jar
- 1 pkg round cotton pads
- Mix all ingredients in a jar. Shake to combine.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
- To use: Pour some toner onto a cotton pad and apply over the face and neck.
Time Saving Tip: Make Your Own Face Pads
- Just place some round cotton pads into a wide-mouth mason jar.
- Pour some toner over the pads to get them damp but not dripping.
- Place the lid on the jar and shake to distribute the toner.
- At the end of the supply, I rinse out the jar and start over again. Just that easy!
Essential oils will degrade in direct sunlight. Make sure to store your toner in a dark colored bottle or on a dark shelf like your closet or cupboard.You might also enjoy these essential oil recipes:
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.