In winter, we bring trees into our homes and decorate them. We send cards with pictures of snowy forest landscapes. We welcome friends and family into our kitchen and share the tastes of homemade baking. Our 10 winter diffuser blends are a salute to the outdoors and the indoors.
We’ll start with blends that are woodsy and warm. Mellow and earthy. We’ll contrast that with diffuser blends that will fill your home with the sweet smell of delicious cookies, cakes, and pies. Have fun and try a new combination that will remind you of all you love about winter.
How can you know if a combination is going to smell great diffused?
You don’t have to start out by pouring them into your diffuser. Convince yourself that you are going to love this blend by giving it a sniff right out of the bottle. Open the bottles and hold them in your hands together. Then pass them about 6 inches under your nose and inhale smoothly and deeply. You’ll know if it’s the right blend for your mood. If that one didn’t strike your fancy, don’t give up. Just move to the next combination or sub out another essential oil. It’s all up to you. These are just a few ideas to get you started.
10 Winter Diffuser Blends
Evergreen and other tree essential oils can offer a good base for your diffuser recipes. Woodsy scents blend well with citrus, spices, and even florals.
I’m starting with my very favorite combination because it’s shocking and amazing. Give it a try.
Pine, Black Pepper & Grapefruit
- 4 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 4 drops Pine Essential Oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Essential Oil
Frankincense, Lemon & Idaho Balsam Fir
- 3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 2 drops Idaho Balsam Fir Essential Oil
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood & Coriander
- 4 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Coriander Essential Oil
Cedarwood & Cardamom
- 3 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
Northern Lights Black Spruce & Bergamot
- 3 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 3 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce Essential Oil
Now on to the baking inspired winter diffuser blends….because who doesn’t want their house to smell like a bakery! These blends are based around spices, citrus, and herbs.
Again, I’m starting with my favorite combination. I hope you are inspired to come up with your own favorite blend this winter.
Lemon & Marjoram
- 4 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 3 drops Marjoram Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark & Lime
- 4 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 2 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Orange & Tarragon
- 5 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 2 drop Tarragon Essential Oil
Tangerine & Nutmeg
- 5 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- 2 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
Ginger, Thieves & Grapefruit
- 3 drops Thieves Essential Oil
- 3 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 1 drop Ginger Essential Oil
Winter diffuser blends aren’t all about cold and ice. They can create a warm and cozy environment to cherish the wintertime.
You might also enjoy our other Diffuser Blend Recipes here:
- 5 Diffuser Blend Recipes Using Your Premium Starter Kit Oils
- 7 Purifying Diffuser Recipes
- 8 Get Up & Go Morning Diffuser Recipes
- 9 Fall Harvest Diffuser Blend Recipes
Be sure you are effectively using your essential oil diffusers by checking out our free Comprehensive Diffuser Guide here!
I like to try different recipes.