In winter, we bring trees into our home and decorate them. We send cards with pictures of snowy forest landscapes. We welcome friends and family into our kitchen and share the tastes of homemade baking. Our 10 winter diffuser blends are a salute to the outdoors and the indoors.
We’ll start with blends that are woodsy and warm. Mellow and earthy. We’ll contrast that with diffuser blends that will fill your home with the sweet smell of delicious cookies, cakes, and pies. Have fun and try a new combination that will remind you of all you love about winter.
How can you know if a combination is going to smell great diffused?
You don’t have to start out by pouring them into your diffuser. Convince yourself that you are going to love this blend by giving it a sniff right out of the bottle. Open the bottles and hold them in your hands together. Then pass them about 6 inches under your nose and inhale smoothly and deeply. You’ll know if it’s the right blend for your mood. If that one didn’t strike your fancy, don’t give up. Just move to the next combination or sub out another essential oil. It’s all up to you. These are just a few ideas to get you started.
5 Woodsy Winter Diffuser Blends
Evergreen and other tree essential oils can offer a good base for your diffuser recipes. Woodsy scents blend well with citrus, spices, and even florals.
I’m starting with my very favorite combination because it’s shocking and amazing. Give it a try.
Pine, Black Pepper & Grapefruit
- 2 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 1 drop Pine Essential Oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Essential Oil
Frankincense, Lemon & Idaho Balsam Fir
- 1 drop Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 drop Frankincense Essential Oil
- 1 drop Idaho Balsam Fir Essential Oil
Northern Lights Black Spruce & Bergamot
- 2 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 2 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce Essential Oil
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood & Coriander
- 2 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop Coriander Essential Oil
Cedarwood & Cardamom
- 2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cardamom Essential Oil
5 Fresh from the Oven Winter Holiday Diffuser Blends
Now on to the baking inspired winter diffuser blends….because who doesn’t want their house to smell like a bakery! These blends are based around spices, citrus, and herbs.
Again, I’m starting with my favorite combination. I hope you are inspired to come up with your own favorite blend this winter.
Lemon & Marjoram
- 2 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Marjoram Essential Oil
Tangerine & Nutmeg
- 3 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark & Lime
- 2 drops Lime Essential Oil
- 1 drop Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Orange & Tarragon
- 3 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 1 drop Tarragon Essential Oil
Ginger, Thieves & Grapefruit
- 1 drop Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 drop Thieves Essential Oil
- 1 drop Grapefruit Essential Oil
Winter diffuser blends aren’t all about cold and ice. They can create a warm and cozy environment to cherish the winter time.
Be sure you are effectively using your essential oil diffusers by checking out our free Comprehensive Diffuser Guide here!
You might also enjoy our other Diffuser Blend Recipes here:
- 5 Diffuser Blend Recipes Using Your Premium Starter Kit Oils
- 7 Purifying Diffuser Recipes
- 8 Get Up & Go Morning Diffuser Recipes
- 9 Fall Harvest Diffuser Blend Recipes
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.