Blueberry and cardamom is a match made in flavor heaven! This Blueberry Cardamom Scone recipe will change your mind about scones! This recipe is soft and delightful, with just the right amount of sweetness. Cardamom Vitality is the secret ingredient that puts this recipe over the top. Enjoy these scones for breakfast, with a cup of tea, or anytime.
The first time I had a scone, I think I said “blech” out loud. That’s because the scone was overly-dry. Drier than it should have been. Since then, I prefer to make my own that are a bit ‘softer’ and more palatable for my children.
These Blueberry Cardamom Scones are beyond delicious! You get a bite of a perfectly moist and semi-soft scone, ideally with a sweet blueberry in each bite. And following the bite, you get a puff of cardamom that stays on your tongue and your palate for a brief, glorious moment. And you take another bite, and another…enjoying the sweet berries with the punch of cardamom.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter pieces with a pastry blender or 2 knives. Toss in the blueberries
- Measure the milk, then drop in the 2 drops of Cardamom essential oil and the 2 drops of Ginger essential oil.
- Pour the milk into the batter and stir gently to combine. Some of the blueberries may 'pop' and release a little liquid and that's okay. Add a little more flour if needed to keep the dough from being too sticky.
- Divide the dough in half and form into 2 balls. Form them into 6" 'disks' and cut each disk into 6 triangular scones.
- Place the scones onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a few pinches of turbinado sugar onto each scone.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden on top.