I have a bit of an obsession with the blueberry-cardamom combo. It’s a match made in flavor heaven and I’ve got a great scone recipe with these 2 great tastes mixed perfectly!
The first time I had a scone, I think I said “blech” out loud.
That’s because the scone was overly-dry. Drier than it should have been.
Since then, I prefer to make my own that are a bit ‘softer’ and more palatable for my children.
What you need to know about these Blueberry Cardamom Scones is this: they are more than delicious! Here’s why: You get a bite of a perfectly moist and semi-soft scone, ideally with a sweet blueberry in each bite. And following the bite, you get a puff of cardamom that stays on your tongue and your palate for a brief, glorious moment. And you take another bite, and another…enjoying the sweet berries with the punch of cardamom.
That’s why these scones are more than delicious!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter pieces with a pastry blender or 2 knives. Toss in the blueberries
- Measure the milk, then drop in the 2 drops of Cardamom essential oil and the 2 drops of Ginger essential oil.
- Pour the milk into the batter and stir gently to combine. Some of the blueberries may 'pop' and release a little liquid and that's okay. Add a little more flour if needed to keep the dough from being too sticky.
- Divide the dough in half and form into 2 balls. Form them into 6" 'disks' and cut each disk into 6 triangular scones.
- Place the scones onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle a few pinchfuls of turbinado sugar onto each scone.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden on top.
More essential oil baking recipes that you might enjoy:
- Baked Apples with Streusel
- Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Lavender Pound Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Orange Cinnamon Biscuits