These Glazed Cranberry Orange Muffins are perfectly moist, soft and the exact right balance of sweet and tart.
These Glazed Cranberry Orange Muffins are just perfect!
- Perfectly moist…thanks to the yogurt in the batter.
- Perfectly soft…thanks to the butter in the batter.
- Perfectly flavored…thanks to the orange and the cranberry.
- Perfectly sweet-tart balanced…thanks to the right balance of sugar and tart fresh cranberries.
They really are just perfect.
One other reason…I used my Tangerine essential oil in the batter AND in the glaze! (You could use Orange or Tangerine for this recipe and they are equally delicious!)
Give these muffins a try this holiday season!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Glazed Cranberry Orange MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 drop Orange Vitality or Tangerine Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper or silicone baking cups.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the butter and then add the sugars, eggs, yogurt and vanilla and mix together. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until thick batter forms.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the milk and 2 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil. Pour the milk-oils into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in the fresh cranberries. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes, or until muffins in the middle have cooked through. (If each muffin tin is really full from the batter, you might want to place the muffin tin on a baking sheet, in case the fresh cranberry juice spills over the edge. You don't want it to burn on the bottom of your oven and make a smoky mess!)
- Prepare the glaze in a small bowl by mixing the powdered sugar, milk, orange juice and Orange or Tangerine essential oil together. Add a little more powdered sugar until reaches desired glaze consistency.
- Let the muffins cool some before glazing and serving.