These Glazed Cranberry-Orange Muffins are perfectly moist, soft and the exact right balance of sweet and tart.
They are just perfect!
- Perfectly moist…thanks to the yogurt in the batter.
- Perfectly soft…thanks to the butter in the batter.
- Perfectly flavored…thanks to the orange and the cranberry.
- Perfectly sweet-tart balanced…thanks to the right balance of sugar and tart fresh cranberries.
They really are just perfect.
One other reason…I used my Tangerine essential oil in the batter AND in the glaze! (You could use Orange or Tangerine for this recipe and they are equally delicious!)
Give these a try this holiday season and let us know what you think!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Glazed Cranberry-Orange Muffins
Yield – 12 muffins
Preparation Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 24 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 drops Orange Vitality or Tangerine Vitality essential oil (where to buy)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 drop Orange Vitality or Tangerine Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper or silicone baking cups.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, cream the butter and then add the sugars, eggs, yogurt and vanilla and mix together. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until thick batter forms.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, add the milk and 2 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil. Pour the milk-oils into the batter and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in the fresh cranberries. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 24 minutes, or until muffins in the middle have cooked through. (If each muffin tin is really full from the batter, you might want to place the muffin tin on a baking sheet, in case the fresh cranberry juice spills over the edge. You don’t want it to burn on the bottom of your oven and make a smoky mess!)
- Prepare the glaze in a small bowl by mixing the powdered sugar, milk, orange juice and Orange or Tangerine essential oil together. Add a little more powdered sugar until reaches desired glaze consistency.
- Let the muffins cool some before glazing and serving.
- Serve the Perfect Cranberry-Orange Muffins for breakfast or snack.
Enjoy more tasty treats made with essential oils:
- Apple Cranberry French Toast
- Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- Lavender Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Peppermint Brownie Bites
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.