Did your man dive headfirst into essential oils? Mine sure didn’t! It was a slow road to get where we are today and this recipe helped tip the scales. Our Body Wash Recipes for men helped bring my husband along with me on this oily journey.
It’s not that my hubby was against oils. He just hadn’t done all the research that I had and so he cared less about all the changes I wanted to make. It’s understandable that he was hesitant to give up all his store-bought products.
So we’ve taken it slowly and replaced our normal household items with natural recipes a little here and a little there. It’s taken some time to get everything transitioned away from our toxic past but here we are today loving our new, more natural lifestyle.
Today my hubby was the FIRST one to remind me that I need to make another batch of Homemade Hair Detangler for the girls or Laundry Detergent for the household. Seriously, we go through those two items like nobody’s business.
The essential oils in this recipe might be new to you, but they’re amazing and very much manly scents. Marjoram is an herb and the essential oil is used in therapeutic massage (commonly after exercise) to encourage relaxation and a deep sense of calm. Hinoki is the essential oil from a Japanese cypress tree. The scent is invigorating and refreshing. These essential oils together help to provide a rich, aromatherapy experience right in your warm bath or shower.
It’s important for me to also note that my husband does NOT endorse the bath mitt that you see in the image above.
“No man is going to use that thing!” he said.
So since he’d prefer something more masculine and not as soft and luxurious I got him this super masculine and natural scrub brush. It’s perfect! It really only looks rough. It’s pretty soft without being too soft. The boar bristles do a really good job of exfoliating without being a loofah. (I don’t know what my husband would say if I handed him a loofah.)
Turn these Body Wash Recipes for Men into a gift idea by making:
- a squeeze bottle of our All-Natural Moisturizing Shave Gel,
- a bottle of our moisturizing Aftershave recipe,
- a bottle of the masculine body wash (see recipe below),
- and purchasing a scrub brush (or bath mitt!).
- Then throw it all into a gift basket or something even more manly like this reusable wooden crate.
Body Wash Recipe for Men
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Dr. Bronner’s Shikakai Body Soap
- 3 drops Hinoki essential oil
- 2 drop Marjoram essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2-ounce amber bottle
- Place all the ingredients into your amber bottle.
- Swirl to combine.
- To use: Dispense a dime-sized amount onto a bath brush and bathe and rinse as usual. Keep out of eyes.
- Store out of direct sunlight for up to 6 months.
If you’re wanting to try some other essential oils for your own Men’s Body Wash, these manly scents are some of my favorites! Just replace the essential oils in the recipe above with these blends. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Woodsy, Earthy Body Wash
- 3 drops Copaiba essential oil
- 3 drops Cypress essential oil
On Top of the World Body Wash
- 5 drops Sacred Mountain essential oil
Bright-Eyed, Bushy-Tailed Body Wash
- 4 drops Idaho Blue Spruce essential oil
- 1 drop Myrtle essential oil
Forest for the Trees Body Wash
- 3 drops Idaho Balsam Fir essential oil
- 3 drops Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oil
Rugged Inspiration Body Wash
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops Black Pepper essential oil
- 1 drop Rosemary essential oil
World’s Most Interesting Body Wash
- 5 drops Shutran essential oil
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!