When you have a strenuous workout plan, you want your post-exercise routine to support your tired muscles while helping you recover. Get your game plan together before you start your next workout with this Muscle Relief Massage Oil.
Make a batch of this Muscle Relief Massage Oil today to have on hand:
- Use this oil to massage into sore and tired muscles after a strenuous workout.
- Carry this massage oil in your gym bag for instant comfort after your training session.
- Integrate massage into your routine to help your muscles recover after activity.
- This all-natural massage oil will fit perfectly into your post-workout routine while providing you with the perfect soothing, uplifting, and cooling effects.
The ingredients in this recipe are great for soothing sore muscles after an intense workout. The blend we’ve put together is packed with the most highly-regarded essential oils to support a healthy, physical fitness routine.
- Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil is great for stimulating and rejuvenating. It features naturally occurring constituents 1,8 cineole and eucalyptol.
- Peppermint essential oil provides a cooling sensation on the skin.
- Elemi and Lemongrass essential oils bring a fresh citrus scent to this blend. They both contain the naturally occurring constituent limonene.
- Copaiba essential oil is renowned for amplifying the effects of other topical essential oils.
- Wintergreen essential oil has an amazing, minty smell and contains the naturally occurring constituent methyl salicylate.
This recipe is for 5% dilution. Try the recipe at the 5% dilution first to see if this blend is going to meet your needs and support your workout goals. If you want a stronger blend, increase the essential oil drops in this recipe to double for a total of 120 drops per 2 ounces of carrier oil to reach a 10% dilution, if desired.
We’ve combined the essential oils in this recipe with fractionated coconut oil. This carrier oil is perfect because it glides on smooth and allows the essential oils to be absorbed quickly into the skin. You are welcome to use another carrier oil if you prefer. Get more information about which carrier oils we recommend here.
Our muscle relief massage oil recipe was inspired by a lovely book I picked up at my local used bookstore. Order this delightful collection to find more recipe inspirations for yourself!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Muscle Relief Massage Oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 14 drops Wintergreen Essential Oil
- 14 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil
- 10 drops Copaiba Essential Oil
- 6 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 6 drops Elemi Essential Oil
- 2-ounce amber bottle
Shop the oils here
- Combine all ingredients in the bottle. Swirl to combine.
- Store in a cool, dark place out of the reach of children.
- To use: Massage onto skin after physical activity. Wash hands thoroughly after application.
Note: This recipe is not intended for children under the age of 6 without the advice of a health professional.
Leave a Reply