We’ve been slowly transitioning our home and beauty products to more natural alternatives. This includes all of our manly-man care products. This Moisturizing Shave Gel Recipe for Men is a great step for us in caring for our bodies in a more natural way.
We did a little research and decided to use aloe vera gel as the base of our shave gel. I’ve used aloe vera since I was little. Our mom had an aloe plant that we’d reach for when we had spent too much time in the sun or our skin needed extra tender care. Aloe is well-loved for its gentle treatment of the most sensitive skin. Aloe vera brings a cooling effect to tender skin and helps your face feel slightly tighter after use.
One of our favorite carrier oils is almond oil (which you can get here). We decided that this was the perfect deep moisturizer for this shave gel because of its mild scent and vitamin E (which is so great for skin). You could also use jojoba oil or apricot oil as alternatives for a nourishing shave gel.
The vegetable glycerin in this recipe serves three great purposes.
- It helps add body to the mixture to make it feel thicker on the skin.
- It also helps moisturize by grabbing moisture from the air for added smooth skin.
- Finally, vegetable glycerin helps the mixture to keep from separating. You can see everything still mixed together and the oils well blended.
And Vitamin E Oil because… we love smooth, kissable skin!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing Shave Gel Recipe for Men
Yield – 2 ounces
Preparation Time – 2 minutes
Cooking Time – 0 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a small liquid measuring cup. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the squeeze bottle.
- To use: Squeeze a quarter-sized amount into your hand and smooth over your face and neck. Shave as usual.
- Store in a cool, dark place. This recipe will keep for 3 months.
We love the scent of this shave gel, but also like these other masculine scent combinations that you might want to try.
- 1 drop Patchouli Essential Oil
- 1 drop Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop Frankincense
- 1 drop Idaho Balsam Fir
- 1 drop Cypress
- 1 drop Juniper
- 1 drop Idaho Blue Spruce
- 1 drop Helichrysum
Shave Gel Recipe Tips:
- I use a liquid measuring cup as a bowl to mix the gel so that I can easily pour it into the squeeze bottle. You could also use a small funnel to accomplish this.
- Finish up your shaving routine with our Men’s Natural Aftershave for extra smooth and conditioned skin.
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!
See more essential oil beauty recipes here:
- Blemish Gel
- Hair Detangler Spray
- Men’s Cologne Recipes
- Natural Aftershave for Men
- Soothing After Sun Spray
Please sign up for our weekly email newsletter where we share new recipes and ways to use essential oils in and around your home.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.