We’ve been on the slime bandwagon for many months now. Now that it’s summer we are running out of activities for these long, hot days. Slime is a fast, easy, and cheap craft that will keep kids busy for hours. This DIY Essential Oil Glitter Slime is made with no borax or liquid starch, so I can feel good about letting my kids play with it. The essential oils in this recipe are infused into the slime, giving it a calming aroma that is perfect for playtime.
If you consider yourself an oily parent, chances are you also have oily kids. I am always looking for ways to get more oils on my kiddos. Some days they let me lather them up from head to toe. Other days I am chasing them around the house with an oil bottle and a handful of coconut oil.
Adding essential oils to slime is an easy way for them to get the emotional benefits of an oil during playtime…without the battle. Plus, playing with slime can be soothing and great for focus. Even adults will enjoy the sensory benefits of gooey slime between their fingers.
Essential Oils to Add to Your Slime:
- Stress Away
- Peace & Calming
- White Angelica
As always, be cautious when using oils around children. Not all oils can be safely used around littles. Read our Tips for Safely Using Essential Oils with Children.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
DIY Essential Oil Slime
- Elmer’s glitter glue
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4-6 drops of the essential oil of your choice (where to buy)
- Contact lens solution, about 3 tablespoons
- Airtight container
- Plastic spoon for mixing
- Pour glue into a glass mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda and mix with a plastic spoon.
- Slowly add contact lens solution one tablespoon at a time.
- Continue mixing in the bowl until the glue has clumped together, and is no longer sticking to the sides of the bowl. Add more contact solution until you have achieved the correct consistency.
- Add essential oils and knead with your hands.
- Store in an airtight container when not in use.
- Have fun with it!
DIY Essential Oil Slime Demonstration Video
Did y’all know you can add essential oils to SLIME? My kids LOVE slime! My favorite was Joy, but Lavender and Stress Away are equally amazing. Try this easy DIY Essential Oil Glitter Slime recipe this summer – – – > https://www.recipeswithessentialoils.com/diy-essential-oil-glitter-slime/
Posted by Recipes with Essential Oils on Friday, June 22, 2018