When the days are long and worries start to crowd your thoughts, reach for a cup of Lavender Chamomile Relaxing Bedtime Tea. This comforting bedtime tea recipe features a blend of soothing chamomile tea, honey, and lavender vitality essential oil. It will have you counting sheep in no time!
I like to blend my own teas. I purchase the dried herbs in bulk from my favorite organic grocer. They have an amazing assortment of organic and fair trade bulk herbs to choose from. It’s fun experimenting and making my blends to serve my unique tastes.
Through my research of these herbs, I was delighted to find that herbs could have a tremendous effect on your well-being. From boosting vitamin C absorption to soothing a sour tummy or even boosting energy, it seemed like there was nothing that nature couldn’t do in a warm (or cold) cup of herbal tea.
That led me to discover the beautiful qualities of chamomile.
Here are some of the benefits that chamomile is praised for throughout history:
- It can ease stomach discomfort.
- Promotes a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Prepares your body for sleep.
- Eases restlessness.
There was one small catch. I just honestly didn’t like the flavor. I tried to blend it with different herbs because I really wanted to experience the benefits. I just couldn’t get to the relaxing, sleepy part of chamomile while I was scrunching my nose and bracing myself for the flavor.
Then I found this Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea blend quite by accident. All my dislike for the flavor of chamomile came crashing down. The other ingredients in this tea are so unique that I didn’t dwell on the chamomile, but embraced the personality of the entire blend.
Here are the ingredients you’ll enjoy together:
- chamomile flowers
- hibiscus flowers
- spearmint leaves
- rose petals
- blackberry leaves
- peppermint leaves
- sarsaparilla root
- lemon balm leaf
- licorice root
- other natural ingredients for flavor and color
The hibiscus and rose petals in this tea are beautiful. The only thing that could make it more perfect was Lavender Vitality Essential Oil.
Lavender Vitality is earthy, sweet, and floral all at the same time. I find it highly relaxing and a perfect preparation for bed.
- Enjoy this tea while you’re relaxing in a bath.
- Read a good book to unwind.
- Journal your thoughts to help unload your worries.
- Savor the tea while you sip it by breathing in deeply to embrace the sweet and peaceful notes of all the herbs.
Finally, please make sure to try the Wild Elderberry Honey. It’s so different and unique. Every flower that is used by the bees to create honey adds its own personality to the finished product. The elderberry notes in this honey are incomparable. We also like locally sourced honey or Manuka honey for our tea.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- 8 oz water
- 1 bag Tazo Calm Chamomile Tea (or your favorite brand of Chamomile tea)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 toothpick swirl Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- Heat the water until it just turns steamy. No need to bring to a boil.
- Place a chamomile tea bag in a tea cup and pour the water over the bag.
- Cover the tea cup with a saucer to hold in the steam. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the cup and dispose of the tea bag.
- Stir in the honey until it dissolves.
- Place a clean toothpick into your Lavender Vitality Essential Oil and then swirl that into the mug. Discard the toothpick and enjoy!