At nearly 40 years old, I still get the occasional skin blemish. If you’re looking for an alternative to harsh and drying treatments, try our All-Natural Blemish Gel. Healthy, clear skin is easy with this recipe that you can whip together in 2 minutes!
This recipe can be made in advance and stored, so you are always prepared for an unexpected skin crisis. I use these tubes to store the gel. It’s the perfect size for a small batch, and it fits in my purse. They’re labeled as 8 ml size, but I find that they’re much larger – holding at least 2 teaspoons of gel. You should adjust the recipe to make sure they fit your container.
This combination of essential oils is great to gently cleanse the skin. Plus, the aroma is crisp and refreshing.
We’re using borage oil as a carrier oil in this All-Natural Blemish Gel because it has anti-inflammatory properties while being ultra-moisturizing for your skin. I was able to pick up borage oil in capsules at my local health food store. You can find it here for a good price, also, if your store doesn’t carry it. It would also work great in other beauty recipes because it blends well with jojoba oil and almond oil and has a pleasantly mild scent.
The calendula gel that we recommend for this recipe is a great homeopathic product used for minor skin irritations. (Make sure to get the gel and NOT the ointment. This recipe is specifically for the gel and the ointment product would clog the pores on your face even worse.)
The best part of this recipe is that it’s silky smooth and easily absorbed into the skin. There is no greasy residue it makes my skin feel clean.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
All-Natural Blemish Gel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons calendula gel
- 1/2 teaspoon borage oil (about 2 – 1000 mg capsules)
- 10 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 drop Fennel essential oil
- 1 drop Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil
- lip gloss container (8 ml size)
- Combine the calendula gel, borage oil, Tea Tree essential oil, Lemon essential oil, Fennel essential oil, and Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil in a small glass dish
- Use a very small funnel to move the mixture to the lip gloss tube. (These funnels are perfect for tiny containers like this!)
- Insert the dispenser top and push in slightly. It won’t go in all the way. But don’t worry. Place the lid on and screw it tightly onto the tube. When you do this it will press the insert into the tube completely
- To use: Apply to blemishes. Store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months
- Photosensitivity: The Lemon essential oil in this recipe can cause your skin to become more prone to sun damage and burns from sun exposure. For safety, please avoid using this product 12 hours before sun exposure. For me, this means using when I know I’m going to be indoors all day or only at night
From our fabulous Facebook community:
(Join us on Facebook so you don’t miss any of our recipes!)
I wear this Blemish Gel under my favorite mineral makeup with no problems at all. (This makeup is amazing – completely natural, organic, cruelty-free, and affordable!)
If you sign up for their newsletter they send out the most amazing coupons and special offers. And, they always have free shipping in the U.S. with just $15+ orders!
You might also like these essential oil beauty recipes:
Interested in more natural beauty products? Be sure to check out our Natural Beauty Make & Take Printable Party Packs here!