We’ve spent some time researching essential oils and other quality ingredients that are effective for nourishing and moisturizing the skin. This recipe for Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil is the culmination of all our research. Truly the most luxurious recipe we’ve come up with to date!
The essential oils in this recipe work together to create a rich, nourishing experience for your whole body. Geranium and German Chamomile Essential Oils are superb for dry or sensitive skin. Lavender, Jasmine, and Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood are beautifying and highly regarded for their skin care properties. Finally, Bergamot is beloved for its ability to soothe troubled skin.
All together these essential oils are perfect for pampering your skin for maximum health and deep moisture.
We chose to make this recipe using avocado oil as the carrier because:
- It’s loaded with antioxidants that effectively fight skin damage or the signs of aging skin.
- Avocado oil is valued for its deeply moisturizing effects on delicate or dry skin.
This Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil is perfect for erasing the effects of the cold winter months. It’s also a great oil to have on hand if you spend a lot of the hot summer months outside enjoying the sun and sand. This body oil will restore moisture and soothe your skin.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil
- 1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 drop Jasmine Essence
- 1 drop Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop German Chamomile Essential Oil
- 1 drop Bergamot Essential Oil
- 1 drop Geranium Essential Oil
- 1-ounce carrier oil (we used avocado oil)
- 1-ounce dropper bottle
- Place all the ingredients into the dropper bottle.
- Attach the lid and swirl to combine.
- To Use: Swirl the container to blend the oils. Dispense a few drops of the body oil into the palms of your hands and rub your hands together to distribute. Apply all over your body wherever you need an extra moisturizing touch.
- Be careful to avoid contact with the eyes. Store the Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil in a cool dark place between uses.
Tip: If you don’t have all these oils to make this homemade recipe for Moisturizing After Shower Body Oil, then you can easily substitute more of one essential oil for the few you don’t have. For example, you might only have Lavender, Bergamot, and German Chamomile. Simply use 2 drops of each essential oil in the recipe. (Actually, that sounds like a lovely combination to me!)
If you’d like an extra moisturizing body oil for men that is less floral, try Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and German Chamomile together (3 drops each).
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!