I love chocolate and coffee and people. Not necessarily in that order. I can have all my happy stuff together in one event when I invite my friends over for a Make and Take Party and whip up a batch of this decadent and rich Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix.
This recipe is the PERFECT recipe for a girls’ night Make and Take party. Everyone brings a few bucks and leaves with some gourmet hot cocoa to gift to others. Delicious!
Here are the supplies you’ll need for each guest to make and take home 5 homemade gifts in no time at all:
- 5 gift bags
- 5 spoons
- 5 mugs (or you can grab a handful at a dollar store, too!)
- 5 sample bottles (2ml size is plenty big)
- 1 bottle Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- essential oil lid labels (optional)
- and a single batch of the recipe below creates enough cocoa mix for FIVE delicious gifts! Yes!
Simply whip up the recipe in your food processor and bag it up in 1/2 cup portions (into those cute gift bags). Then attach a spoon for stirring and throw in a sample of Peppermint Vitality (I like to include 10 drops). It’s really easy and quick to put together 5 gifts in under 15 minutes.
Make sure to include a card describing the enjoyment directions.
To use: Mix 4 tablespoons of gourmet cocoa mix with 8 ounces of very hot water and 1 drop of Peppermint Vitality essential oil. Stir and enjoy!
If you’re going to use this yourself for holiday gatherings, please make sure you try it with coffee. I’m drinking some right now and it’s completely divine!
Is there a trick to getting frothy delicious hot cocoa? Why, I’m so glad you asked. I have a magic wand that I use for my coffee and hot cocoa. It’s not really magic, but your friends will think so. It’s crazy easy to use this little stainless steel, handheld milk frother. I’ve had mine for at least 5 years and I still love it and use it multiple times per week.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- Place the dark chocolate drops, sugar, salt, cocoa powder, and milk powder together in your food processor. Chop/mix about 10 seconds until all the ingredients have been finely chopped and mixed together.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the hot cocoa mix into each of 5 gift bags. Attach a spoon when you use the twist ties to close the bag.
- Place the cocoa powder and spoon into your mug.
- Put about 10 drops of Peppermint Vitality essential oil into each of 5 sample bottles. Place the sample bottles into your coffee mug. You could also label the bottle lids if you like.
- Include a recipe card in each mug.
Make & Take Essential Oil Parties
If you are interested in hosting a more thorough Essential Oil Make & Take Party, then be sure to check out all of our printable packs that come with everything you need to throw a fantastic oily party! It’s a great way to introduce essential oils to your friends and family and give them an opportunity to see how to use oils in every day life.