This Green Smoothie recipe is easy to make and tastes truly delicious. It’s lightly sweet and a mega-nutritious addition to your healthy, weight management system.
But, the place I’m most excited to infuse my life with essential oils is in my diet. I just love the idea of creating a concentrated, natural diet that helps me take charge of my food and my overall health and well-being. Thus, our green smoothie recipe was created!
The key to our Green Smoothie is what makes it green: Matcha Tea Organic Dietary Supplement.
Matcha is a powdered form of a whole leaf green tea that is super-charged with antioxidants. If you’ve never heard of it, then you should note that it’s much different than regular brewed green tea (which we already know has health benefits of its own).
Here are some highlights of matcha’s characteristics:
- 10x more antioxidant power than brewed green tea
- ORAC Antioxidant Value that is also over 14x that of blueberries and over 12x that of pomegranates
- Rich in nutrients, fiber, and chlorophyll
- Also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that is known to relax the mind
I have honestly never liked the flavor of brewed green tea very much, but this smoothie has a very light and smooth flavor.
Curious about matcha? If you’re wanting to try matcha, but not really ready to invest a ton of money (because you’re just not positive you’re going to love it) this is a small 1.06 oz package of organic matcha that is delicious and high quality. It’s perfect for those just wanting to see what the big deal is about this powerful green tea powder.
Slique Essence is another key to the weight management characteristics of our Green Smoothie recipe. It’s a unique blend of citrus and mint essential oils and herbs designed to be blended with your favorite beverage. Slique Essence is excellent for aiding effective digestion and supporting healthy weight management goals.
The ingredients even sound delicious:
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Tangerine essential oil
- Spearmint essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
I really expected Slique Essence to be overly sweet. I don’t usually use sugar replacements like stevia and they often have a bitter aftertaste. But, this blend is light, citrusy, mildly minty, and very refreshing.
Maybe you don’t love smoothies. Well, this doesn’t taste “green” like smoothies I’ve made in the past with spinach or kale. That made me so happy because some of those “healthy” drinks are incredibly hard to stomach.
And you don’t have to worry about texture issues either. There are no lumps or chunks from this matcha. It’s actually completely smooth in the smoothie so you might not even know it’s there except for the pretty green color.
- 155 calories
- 5.5 g fat
- 8 g carbohydrates (4 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar, ~2 g other carbs)
- 70 mg of natural caffeine (compare to around 160 mg caffeine in an 8 oz cup of brewed coffee)
- 19 g protein (plus 100% Daily Value of important B-vitamins to convert protein to usable energy to help boost metabolism)
Carry your Green Smoothie with you on-the-go in this “cold for 24 hours” double walled Stainless Steel Vacuum Tumbler. This would be perfect to make your smoothie at home and keep it cool for hours so that you can enjoy right after your gym workout or for an afternoon snack at the office!
So grab these healthy weight management ingredients, and let’s go!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender. Blend on high for about 10 seconds to crush the ice and blend thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or pour into your insulated tumbler to enjoy later.