The flavors in this Spinach & Bacon Salad with Homemade Tarragon dressing are powerful and perfectly complement each other. The salty bacon, the tangy blue cheese, the punch of the Tarragon essential oil in the homemade vinaigrette with some spicy mustard and bacon drippings. Are you drooling yet? You will be as you go to take the first bite of this amazing salad!
If you’ve never made a warm bacon vinaigrette and poured it over a salad that is packed full of other powerful and complementary flavors, you are missing out on a very important thing in life.
Warm bacon vinaigrette over a spinach salad should definitely be on your food bucket list. And you should cross that one off as soon as you possibly can!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Spinach & Bacon Salad with Homemade Tarragon DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb. clamshell baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled with 3 Tbsp drippings reserved
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the baby spinach, crumbled bacon, thinly sliced red onion, hard boiled egg slices and crumbled blue cheese.
- In a resealable glass container, add 3 Tbsp warm bacon drippings with the sugar, spicy or Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, Tarragon oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake vigorously and taste. Add 1 more drop of Tarragon, if desired.
- Pour the Tarragon Vinaigrette over the salad.
- Serve Spinach & Bacon Salad with Homemade Tarragon Vinaigrette for lunch or as side salad with dinner.
More essential oil cooking recipes you might enjoy:
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.