We used to use those squirt bottles full of gel-type substance and I’m sure they work just fine. But they are crazy high in alcohol content and I could not keep slathering that on our family’s hands. It made our skin dry and cracked and honestly, it burned! So we ventured on a journey to find a non-alcohol version that still works. This Homemade Moisturizing Hand Cleanser Spray won’t dry out your hands like store-bought cleaners can!
My kids just can’t stop touching stuff. They touch animals, bathroom fixtures, floors, sweaty sports gear, walls, more bathroom stuff, and it completely grosses me out. I’m sure a better mom would be able to train her little angels to stop being disgusting, but I’ve not quite figured out this golden trick just yet.
So since I can’t figure out how to keep their hands to themselves then the next best thing is to clean their hands. That’s why when we’re on the go and not near a sink we use a spray-on hand cleanser to keep their grubby little hands…less grubby.
- We like vegetable glycerin because it helps maintain healthy skin by drawing water from the air to keep our hands moist. Glycerin also helps keep the other ingredients distributed in the mixture.
- The tiny amount of almond oil and vitamin E work together to deeply moisturize your skin naturally and protecting your skin against the effects of free radicals.
- We use witch hazel to help keep the DIY hand cleanser fresh for months in my purse or diaper bag. Witch hazel also helps reduce any inflammation from minor scrapes or bug bites.
- The Thieves blend and Tea Tree essential oils in this mixture are very cleansing and even help to keep your skin healthy.
Keep this out of reach of children. I spray this hand cleaner for the kiddos and let them rub it in until their skin is dry.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisturizing Hand Cleanser Spray
Ingredients and Supplies
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 5 drop Thieves essential oil blend
- 3 drop Tea Tree essential oil
- distilled water
- Add all the ingredients to the spray bottle and then fill the rest of the way with water. Make sure to use an amber or cobalt bottle to help maintain the quality of the essential oils.
- This mixture will keep fresh in your purse or diaper bag for up to 6 months.