With spring just around the corner, we’re looking forward to the sunshine and gathering with friends. It’s easy to introduce your friends to baking with essential oils when you serve this Lavender Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze at your next ladies’ night or brunch.
The light and fluffy texture of this cake brings to perfection the floral and citrus bursts of flavor. We don’t usually cook with flowers in my house, so my family was pleasantly surprised by the delightful hint of lavender highlighting the freshness of the lemon.
This recipe features the new Vitality oils from Young Living. I’m thrilled to be able to enjoy Lavender Vitality Essential Oil in new and exciting food recipes. And, of course, I wanted to start with dessert!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Lavender Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
Yield – 18 servings
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 33 – 36 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 10 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil (plus 10 drops for glaze)
- 6 drops Lavender Vitality Essential Oil (plus 1 drop for glaze)
- 1/4 cup edible lavender flowers (plus 2 tablespoons separated for topping)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking pans. We used this adorable mini fluted tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the butter mixture one at a time making sure to thoroughly mix in each one before adding the next one.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now alternate adding the dry mixture and buttermilk into the butter mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, 10 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil, 6 drops of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil, and 1/4 cup lavender flowers.
- Pour batter into cake molds and bake at 325 for 33 – 36 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To create the glaze, stir together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, 10 drops of Lemon Vitality Essential Oil and 1 drop of Lavender Vitality Essential Oil. Stir thoroughly. Drizzle over the cooled cakes and sprinkle lightly with extra lavender flowers.
This recipe makes 8 – 10 of the mini fluted bundt cakes.
I’ve also used this silicone heart mold pan. This recipe made 18 of the heart-shaped cakes and you’ll only bake it for around 25 minutes for these little heart-shaped beauties.
You might also enjoy these essential oil baking recipes:
- Baked Apples with Streusel
- Glazed Cranberry-Orange Muffins
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- Lavender Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Tarts
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.