These brownies don’t taste like the syrupy sweet candy canes people eat in December. There are no crazy, crunchy bits of anything interrupting the moist deliciousness. The peppermint essential oil that we use is herbal and energizing and blends in perfectly with chocolate!
Hi, my name is Beth. And. I. Like. Chocolate. I don’t really know that I could name one chocolate item that I’ve ever eaten that I didn’t enjoy. The best thing about chocolate is that it goes with anything! Which brings me to peppermint brownie bites…it’s not what you think.
- You can substitute more butter (or oil) for the coconut oil, if you like. We prefer the coconut oil because it changes the texture of the brownie to be more soft and moist.
- Add another egg and a tablespoon of flour if you’d like to have more cake-like brownies.
- Our favorite Mini Muffin Pan is perfect for bite-size brownies!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
- Set your eggs in a cup of warm (not hot) water to help them come up to room temperature. This will allow them to easily mix into the batter without solidifying the coconut oil.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare your mini muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray or use a silicone non-stick pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Remove eggs from the water and break into the bowl. Stir in eggs and beat about 30 seconds to get them well integrated.
- Stir in flour and mix just until combined. Add peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking cups. Be sure if you're using silicone that you place a baking sheet underneath it to keep it steady when you're moving it in and out of the oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 - 11 minutes or until toothpick test shows a few moist crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool before enjoying with a bowl of ice cream or by themselves!
We really like these Peppermint Brownie Bites all year round because of their surprising flavor. Simple cocoa powder brownies paired with refreshing peppermint!