This homemade foaming face wash recipe is extremely gentle and great for washing away makeup and dirt. It’s perfect for even the most delicate skin. This simple recipe leaves your skin soft and smooth, but not dry. You’ll love the softness of the foam on your skin!
Why you’ll love this face wash:
- removes makeup, dirt, and oil
- leaves skin clean without overdrying
- contains gentle, cleansing essential oils
- reinforces the skin’s natural barrier
Homemade Foaming Face Wash Ingredients
This face wash recipe is perfect for beautifying skin of all ages and leaving a healthy glow. The vitamin E, almond oil, and essential oils work together to protect and nourish dry or mature skin that needs extra moisturizing.
This face wash is gentle enough for even the most tender skin type. If you have oily skin, try substituting jojoba oil, which leaves skin soft and not greasy.
To learn more about other benefits of jojoba and almond oils, check out all of our favorite carrier oils and how to use them here.
Essential Oils in this Face Wash
Frankincense essential oil has a comforting aroma that helps to ground you and promote feelings of relaxation. Perfect for washing your face in the morning and night! Use it to improve the appearance of skin and even tone.
Geranium is known for its skin-loving properties. It helps promote beautiful and radiant skin. Geranium is always an excellent choice to add to personal care or skin care recipes.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Foaming Face Wash Recipe
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unscented Castile soap
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 10 drops Frankincense (where to buy)
- 10 drops of Geranium (where to buy)
- foaming soap dispenser
- Combine all the ingredients into your soap dispenser. Stir to combine
- To use: Dispense one pump into your hand or use a facial scrubber. Rub over your face and rinse with water
- Store in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight
More essential oils to try in this face wash:
- Gentle Baby
- Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Blue Tansy
- Sacred Frankincense
- Tea Tree
- Carrot Seed
Are you sure I don’t need more soap?
You might be seeing the ingredients and wondering why there is so much water and so little of everything else. That’s the beauty of foaming dispensers. You actually don’t need as much of the soap as you think.
The pump dispenses very little soap and fluffs it up so you feel you have enough to spread around. Resist the urge to add more soap or carrier oil when you make these recipes.
The foaming pump dispenser works best with certain ratios and using too little water will clog up your pump and cause it not to work anymore.
What about exfoliating?
If you’d like extra exfoliating power, you might consider some accessories to help you gently scrub away dead skin cells and buildup:
- You can add baking soda or even sugar to your hand when you wash your face for a natural exfoliant. This can get a little messy. This is what I use to remove my favorite mineral makeup. The baking soda leaves my face so smooth and clean
- I currently use these facial buff sponges. I like them because they’re gentle, inexpensive, and they get my face very clean and smooth
- If you want to get your skin completely clean without stripping away any natural oils, baby washcloths are an excellent choice. This organic cotton option is reusable and can be used for facial cleansing and makeup removal
The Foaming Soap Dispenser
The foaming soap pump I recommend is similar to this one. I like it because of the opaque container that protects the essential oils from getting damaged by light.
It also puts out the PERFECT amount of soap. I’m thrifty so I use as little as possible to get the job done!
What I don’t love about it is that the top just sits on the cup part. It doesn’t screw on or anything so that makes me nervous because I don’t want to spill my precious face wash!
Not the DIY Type? Young Living makes an amazing Orange Blossom Facial Wash that will perfectly complement your daily skin care regimen. It’s formulated with a special blend of Lavender, Patchouli, Lemon, and Rosemary.
You might also enjoy these essential oil recipes:
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!