I’ve slowly started replacing my beauty products with more natural alternatives. It only makes sense to me to remove as many chemicals as possible to let my body thrive naturally.
Our Creamy Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub is an excellent cleansing and moisturizing step for all skin types (even sensitive skin). With all-natural ingredients, you can have beautiful, smoother skin in minutes.
Our all-natural facial scrub recipe is full of ingredients that are perfect for your face:
- Manuka honey is made by bees that feed on the nectar of the Manuka flower in New Zealand. It’s incredibly powerful and renowned for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Manuka honey deep-cleans the skin and can help heal blemishes or imperfections. It’s very gentle and can reduce inflammation and redness naturally. (This is not the same as the honey you get in a bear-shaped bottle!)
- Old fashioned oats have a good reputation for soothing inflamed and sensitive skin. It also adds extra gentle scrubbing power to clean away any dead skin cells. This leaves your skin healthier and smoother.
- Lavender essential oil has been in beauty routines for hundreds of years. It moisturizes, soothes, and cleanses the skin leaving your face fresh and beautiful. That’s something to smile about!
- Even the buttermilk is in here for a beautiful reason. Buttermilk has natural properties that exfoliates the skin in a very gentle way. What a luxurious treat!
Here is a simple beauty routine to add this recipe to your life:
- Remove your makeup with a simple carrier oil – we recommend almond oil for its moisturizing properties.
- Clean your face with Foaming Face Wash.
- Apply the Creamy Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub and rinse clean in the shower. (While in the shower, go ahead and enjoy our Essential Oil Body Wash and Scalp Massage.)
- Dry off and apply the DIY Natural Facial Toner.
- Finish with Overnight Moisturizer or your favorite daytime moisturizer.
This recipe was inspired by this great book of homemade home and bath recipes – The Natural Beauty & Bath Book.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Creamy Honey Oatmeal Facial Scrub
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon Manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- In a small dish, combine all the ingredients. Stir until creamy. You can add another teaspoon of hot water to get the right consistency.
- To use: Apply the oatmeal to your face and rub in a circular motion. Keep out of eyes. The scrub will get dry after about a minute. Rinse off with warm water.
- This should be made fresh for each application. Do not store.
This recipe is included in our eBook, Essential Oil Recipes for Healthy Hair & Skin, along with more than 60 other tried & true recipes that we’ve created, tested, and personally use. Click HERE to see more information and purchase your digital copy today!
More essential oil beauty recipes you might enjoy:
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.