With its robust, herbaceous, woodsy aroma, Rosemary essential oil promotes feelings of clarity and grounding. Rosemary can also help create an energizing environment. No wonder it’s so popular in aromatic and personal care product recipes!
Rosemary Essential Oil
- Dew of the Sea
Historical Uses for Rosemary Essential Oil
The ancient Greeks believed the garlands of Rosemary would improve memory and concentration. The Greeks also believed that Rosemary symbolized friendship, loyalty, and remembrance, which is why it was a common part of ancient wedding ceremonies, with the bride wearing a wreath containing Rosemary.
- Rosemary is actually a member of the mint family.
- Rosemary is so important and popular in use that it has been featured in literary works such as Hamlet and Don Quixote.
- “There’s rosemary, that’s for remembrance. Pray you, love, remember.” ~from Hamlet by William Shakespeare
Aroma and Tips for Blending
- Rosemary essential oil is steam distilled from a perennial shrub with needle-like leaves.
- It has a light, woodsy scent that is quite complex and pleasantly minty.
- Rosemary essential oil blends well with citrus oils, especially lemon. It also blends particularly well with oregano.
- Rosemary essential oil can be used for aromatically and topically.
- Rosemary for internal use can be found using Young Living’s Vitality line of essential oils.
Tips & Recipes for Using Rosemary Essential Oil
- Rosemary essential oil is generally safe for most users. Avoid using in epilepsy, hypertension, or while pregnant. If you have any concerns, you should always contact a healthcare professional before using any essential oil.
- We suggest applying rosemary essential oil with a carrier oil to help it stay on the skin longer for a more long-lasting effect.
- Our most popular Rosemary recipe is called Homework Time Roll-on. It’s specially created to help older children focus in the afternoons of study.
- Rosemary Vitality essential oil tastes great in recipes like this Italian Marinade for Chicken.
- Rosemary is a great essential oil for introducing your friends to oils. Our Essential Oil Roller Blends for Confidence are super to help your friends and family fall in love with essential oils.
- If you’re looking to create an invigorating environment, checkout these diffuser options:
- Our Spray On Conditioner for Dry Hair or DIY Moisturizing Shampoo recipes will help keep your hair moisturized! Try it on a Monday and let me know how it goes!
- This Refreshing Body Wash Recipe features Rosemary in such a fresh and unique way. It cannot be beat for waking me up and helping me face my crazy days. It’s also my go-to body wash when I travel, too. (It just hit me…I’m pretty sure I left this in my hotel shower the last time I was out, so I should make another batch TODAY!)
- We don’t just love Rosemary in beauty supplies. You can infuse your cleaning routine with the power of Rosemary. Try our Homemade Tile Cleaner today to see for yourself!
Find all of our recipes using Rosemary essential oil by clicking here.
Click the banner above to see all of the featured oils in our Getting to Know Essential Oils series!