Blemishes seem to pop up at the worst possible moments. Right before family portraits. The first day of school. The morning of a big date. It’s almost like they know how to make their presence the most memorable. You can fight those nasty things with this quick-acting Blemish Spot Treatment that starts working immediately to leave your skin cleaner, brighter, less inflamed, and ready for your big event.
My personal experience with this recipe has shown it to be greatly successful. My skin feels clean and tight after the treatment and my blemishes are noticeably smaller after about an hour. The thing I love most is that I can use this treatment, wash it off, and then apply my preferred mineral makeup immediately without worrying about the blemish.
The secret to our Blemish Spot Treatment is in the safe, natural, and fast-acting ingredients:
- Start with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Don’t use bottled. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice is loaded with vitamins and minerals that will help beautify your skin. Lemon juice can also be used to gently lighten dark spots. That’s one of the reasons it’s great in this recipe. The blemish is lightened as it’s cleaned so it’s much less visible.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for cleaning your skin and reducing oily skin. The best benefit is its tightening effect on your pores. Applying apple cider vinegar can even help reduce the likelihood of new blemishes by cleaning your pores of dirt and buildup that leads to infection.
- Salt is used in this recipe for gentle exfoliation of the area. It helps remove dead skin cells leaving your face smoother.
- We finish the recipe with Lavender essential oil. This wonderful, herbal essential oil has been used in beauty recipes for centuries. It’s gentle and effective at moisturizing and beautifying even the most sensitive skin.
This recipe is enough for covering your entire face and neck. You shouldn’t need to make more than this tiny amount. If you have extra treatment remaining, you could use this on the backs of your hands to lighten dark spots and soften the skin.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Blemish Spot Treatment
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- To Use: Apply to problem areas with a cotton swab or cotton ball. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
- This recipe yields a single use. It is not recommended for storage.
More essential oil beauty recipes you might enjoy:
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.