This non-dairy Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer tastes like fall in a cup! The delightful flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove essential oils add just the right amount of spice. Enjoy this creamer in a warm cup of coffee as a natural alternative to the PSL. You don’t have to miss out on this fall tradition!
Every year between fall and Christmas, pumpkin-flavored everything makes its appearance. It’s hard to avoid. Between the grocery stores, coffee shops, and big-box stores you will be bombarded by the scents and flavors of pumpkin spice season.
If you are looking to avoid harmful ingredients, it is so easy to recreate the many flavors and aromas of fall with essential oils. Scented candles can be replaced by room sprays, and you can avoid artificial flavors and colors with a few drops of fall vitality essential oils added to your food.
Although I try to avoid sugary beverages, I can’t say I don’t enjoy the taste of a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It has always been one of my favorite ways to get fall started. Even when the weather doesn’t quite say fall, you can still partake in the joys of the season.
Unfortunately, the ingredients in this famous beverage are not quite in line with my diet and nutritional needs. Plus, it’s expensive with the current price at around $5. That’s about the cost of a carton of organic eggs! So now I skip it and make a healthier alternative at home.
Did you know that there is not actually any real pumpkin in the famous PSL? Here are some of the ingredients you will find in this beverage:
- Artificial flavors
- Food dyes
- High fructose corn syrup
- Genetically modified ingredients
You can read more about the actual ingredients in a Pumpkin Spice Latte here.
Ingredients in this Non-Dairy Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- Plant-based milk – almond, soy, rice, oat, and coconut milk are all healthy alternatives to cow’s milk. Plant-based milk is easy to digest, allergen-friendly and is typically low in fat and calories. Try to find an unsweetened version to avoid added sugars.
- Pureed organic pumpkin – pumpkin is naturally high in vitamins C & E, fiber, and is an excellent source of beta-carotene.
- Vanilla extract – vanilla adds additional flavor to baked goods without adding any additional sugar. It is rich in antioxidants and it has a sweet, comforting aroma.
- Vitality essential oils – the Vitality line by Young Living is perfect for adding quality flavor to your favorite recipes or using as dietary supplements. Essential oils can add the flavor that you’re seeking without altering the color or consistency of baked goods or beverages.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 2 cups almond coconut milk blend unsweetened
- ½ cup canned pureed pumpkin not pie filling
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 drop clove vitality
- 1 drop cinnamon bark vitality
- 1 drop nutmeg vitality
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with dark roast coffee and a dollop of whipped cream topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or 1 week if using cows milk. Shake before each use.
- Notes: If you enjoy cow’s milk, you can replace the almond-coconut milk with 1 ½ cups whole milk, and ½ cup heavy cream. Or substitute your favorite plant-based milk.