With Valentine’s Day approaching, we have to take this opportunity to share our favorite oily-chocolatey combinations in the form of homemade candy. If you’ve never made your own chocolate lollipops, let me be the first to assure you that it is super-de-duper simple…when you have the right supplies!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these cute heart lollipops:
- Heart shape lollipop or candy mold, like this one
- Dark melting chocolate wafers or White melting chocolate wafers
- Red colored melting chocolate wafers (optional)
- Lollipop sticks
- Orange or Tangerine Vitality essential oil or Peppermint Vitality essential oil
My guess is that you’ve already got the essential oils and possibly the candy mold on hand, so you just need to get the right melting chocolate pieces. Now you’re on your way to delicious and perfectly balanced and “oiled” Valentine’s Day chocolates.
We decided to pair together the orange or tangerine flavors with the dark chocolate, and the peppermint flavor with the white chocolate. Let me tell you…both are outstanding. I used 4 drops of Tangerine essential oil to 1 cup of dark melting chocolates and 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil to 1 cup of white melting chocolate. You can obviously adjust these to your taste…how they taste when they are melted is just how they will taste once hardened as the candy. So, feel free to do all the “quality control” tasting that you need to! 😉
Below is the recipe for our “Oily Valentine’s Day Chocolates”…please note that it is written for Dark with Orange & White with Peppermint. 1 cup of melting chocolates will make 8 candies, depending on the size of your candy mold. Adjust melting chocolate and drops of essential oils as needed.
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Valentine's Day Chocolate Candy (Dark with Orange & White with Peppermint)Print Pin Rate
- In a double boiler, melt the dark melting chocolate pieces, stirring until smooth. Once melted, add 4 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil and stir well. Pour into the mold before it cools and begins to harden.
- In a double boiler, melt the white melting chocolate pieces, stirring until smooth. Once melted, add 4 drops of Orange or Tangerine essential oil and stir well. Pour into the mold before it cools and begins to harden.
- If you wish to have red as a contrasting color on your candies, melt the red melting chocolate in a double boiler and add to thin piping bag and pipe into candy mold before adding other chocolates. (If you don't have a piping bag, you can use a plastic baggie and snip a small hole in the corner and squeeze the red color out of the plastic baggie.)
- Once melted chocolate has been added to the mold, carefully place the lollipop sticks into the chocolate and set aside to cool.
You might also enjoy these essential oil baking recipes:
*Disclaimer: Products and essential oils listed on this site and in this recipe might be ingested should you choose to make this recipe. Only ingest essential oils that are 100% pure, therapeutic grade and noted to generally be regarded as safe by the US Food & Drug Administration. You can see a complete list of those oils here. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using these products.
Information found on this site is meant for educational and informational purposes only, and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. It should not be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or courses of treatment. Individual articles and information on other websites are based upon the opinions of the respective authors, who retain copyright as marked.