When my skin gets dry due to strong weather conditions I reach for this easy to make homemade Moisture Rich Lotion Bar. All of the ingredients in this recipe work together to nourish, hydrate, and revitalize dry, cracked, and sensitive skin.
Avocado oil, shea butter, and coconut oil all have amazing moisturizing qualities. These top quality carrier oils cannot be topped for helping to heal your skin that has been damaged due to cold winter weather or severe summer sun. Keep these carrier oils on hand all year long.
Beeswax not only helps the lotion bar stay solid and portable (I keep this lotion bar in my essential oil carrying case), but it creates a protective layer on the skin. This layer holds in the moisture from the oils and helps prolong the effects and aroma of the essential oils.
Lavender Essential Oil is beloved all over the world for its mild floral aroma. But did you know that it also improves support for healthy skin? Smell great and be beautiful! Check out more ways to use your Lavender Essential Oil!
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil is a prized oil for the moisturizing and normalizing characteristics it brings to your skin care. And the scent is beyond anything I could have imagined! It’s mellow and sensual and mildly sweet. It brings a good grounded feeling to the aroma of this lotion bar. Here are some more great recipes using Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood!
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil might be one of my favorite oils. The aroma is exotic and intoxicating. I really can’t stop sniffing the bottle when I use it.
- You’ve got to have an accurate kitchen scale that measures grams. This digital kitchen scale is great, inexpensive, and has a tare button to make this recipe simple.
You can tell I love Ylang Ylang Essential Oil because it’s featured in TWO of our new Make and Take Party Printable Packs!
New to essential oils? Learn more about how we use them and why you should use them as well.
Moisture Rich Lotion Bar
- 5 grams avocado oil
- 3 grams shea butter
- 3 grams beeswax
- 4 grams coconut oil
- 1 gram vitamin E oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Supplies you’ll need: 1 oval tube, digital kitchen scale, and a double boiler.
- In a double boiler, combine the avocado oil, shea butter, beeswax, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil. Stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in essential oils.
- Pour into the tube. You could use a tiny funnel for this but I just pour the liquid into a spouted measuring cup to pour into the containers. Allow it to cool completely before use. It cools very quickly from my experience. You could also speed this step by placing it in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- To use: Apply directly to dry or sensitive skin.
You might also enjoy these essential oil beauty recipes: